We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer (Civils) - ideally with a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and working towards Chartered Status.
- Report to and take direction from Senior Engineer/Associate/ Partner
- Manage projects or parts of projects to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard etc
- Act as lead or sole designer on smaller projects
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc as required in connection with the running of projects
- Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables
- Supervise technician staff in the team
- Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports in good English on findings with appropriate recommendations
- When required, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- First Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Working towards Chartered status.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Design Office
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on Building Structures Projects in UK
- Experience of designing in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
- Able to produce written reports in good English
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software ( TEDDS, TSD, Fastrak, etc)
- Hold current UK driving licence
An excellent benefits package is included with this role.
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret only applications matching the vacancy criteria will be responded to.
- Civil Design
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job