BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces - some of the most skilled people in the world - enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to train and coach you on the day-to-day skills required to work closely with our customers, both internal and external. You will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by engineering professionals and apply them in a controlled environment to ensure projects are delivered on time, to quality and to budget. Graduate Engineers will support their team to ensure that engineering practices are followed on all aspects of project definition and delivery.
As a Graduate, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects across our varied client base which will enable you to explore and select a career path which builds on your particular strengths as well as gives you exposure to the range of engineering roles in a project environment.
Software Engineer(Guildford, London, Gloucester, Leeds) As a Graduate Software Engineer, we expect you to be ready to tackle (and enjoy!) programming tasks from the outset, but we will take the time to mentor you through smaller packages of work and enhancements to our product range. You will work primarily in java, however we always look for the best framework for the job; some of our developments use C# .NET, C++ and HTML5 technologies. Day to day tasks could include:
- Assisting in the design, test and implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system
- Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality code on time
- Helping to specify user/system interfaces
- Assisting in producing detailed designs and documents using required standards, methods and tools
- Understanding and translating business design into a logical design, for a simple software application
- Producing physical designs that describe the required structure and behaviour of a simple software application characterised by low-risk non-functional requirements
Data Engineer (London or Gloucester) - As a Data Engineer you will operate in roles teamed with other data specialists, supporting the team and the client in a variety of projects which develop data capability, insights and solutions to realise business outcomes. The role is expected to be varied, involving participation in a variety of projects and roles in support of personal development and identification of career path aspirations. Each role may include a subset of:
- Participate in client engagements to elicit and document their vision, aims and / or requirements for the development of data capability, insights or solutions.
- Undertake data analysis to reveal insights from datasets, either as an end in itself, or to inform other project tasks.
- Support the investigation and documentation of data assets in the client estate to inform decisions to change and improve the data landscape.
- Develop units within wider data solutions such as ETL pipelines.
- Prepare and present materials to communicate data insights, including creation of data visualisations.
Data Scientist (Chelmsford) - BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Laboratories is seeking to recruit researchers to join our rapidly expanding Data Research group. We are looking for candidates who are adaptable, enthusiastic and highly motivated. You should be keen to develop skills in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and will need to be a proficient programmer, preferably in Python. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of Data science research topics for customers across the defence, security and commercial sectors. You will also have the opportunity to forge strong links with Academic partners. Candidates will have the opportunity to mix technical challenges with customer-facing and project support tasks. In addition to a solid academic background and excellent written and verbal communication skills, we are interested in candidates with experience in disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economic, Theoretical Physics and Biosciences with statistics. This role will involve the following general responsibilities:
- Conduct novel research in given topic areas, often in partnership with leading UK Universities.
- Develop prototypes and proof of concept demonstrator.
- Take ownership of tasks in projects and deliver to challenging standards.
- Work effectively both on self-directed projects and in larger project teams.
- Preparation of technical reports and technical proposals
Cyber Security Engineer (Chelmsford) - The Experimental Cyber group of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Laboratories (AI Labs) is currently recruiting cyber security engineers. This group focusses on conducting cybersecurity research and experimentation on a wide range of computer technologies for customer across the defence, national security and commercial sectors. A successful applicant taking on the role will be expected to undertake diverse technology research projects, both independently and as part of teams of engineers, whilst demonstrating an aptitude for proactively developing the required knowledge and skills for tackling challenging and unfamiliar topics. Alongside technical tasks, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to applications for new project work; there will also be opportunities to lead and manage technical projects, depending on the level of experience. This role will involve the following general responsibilities:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'