This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate with an Environmental Science/Geography degree or similiar looking for a clear development path. The aim is that the successful applicant will move from an Energy Management Advisor to Senior Energy Management Advisor and onto an Energy Management Consultant / Specialist role over the course of time through their professional development and achieving the desired results.
You must be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels within the customer’s business, setting the agenda and driving meetings with confidence.
Candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to help motivate people to change behavior, this can be achieved by passing on their enthusiasm for reducing energy consumption and cost. Holding group meetings and workshops is a key aspect of the role, so confidence presenting is ideal.
The role involves managing the energy efficiency programmes being delivered into their customers and achieving targets of up to circa 20% reduction in spend and carbon emissions through reduced energy consumption. These reductions are achieved through metering and reporting, site energy audits, presentations/workshops, training, motivation, project management, focus and support at site and group level.
The role is very much carried out within a commercial environment where results are everything. In addition there is a focus on ensuring clients meet any Government regulations, to prevent penalties and enforcement actions.
Their customers are ultimately looking for savings that will effect the bottom line, and these savings will be achievable with the help, focus and support of the Energy Management Advisor.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Monitoring energy usage across an organisation.
- Setting targets for energy reduction.
- Undertake energy audits across an estate.
- Prepare reports summarising energy usage.
- Create training guides for company managers regarding energy consumption.
- Deliver 1:1 and group training workshops.
- Keep up to date with changes in energy regulation.
- Liaise with Company Directors to deliver performance updates.
- Report good news stories for external and internal communications.
- Keep up to date with industry standard best practice.
- Conduct energy management surveys and audits (In-house training will be provided) to gain a greater understanding of what happens at site level
- Reviewing daily/weekly/monthly consumption data and reports to highlight any concerns and make recommendations to the contacts at site
- Proactively identify investment projects, calculate ROI and source reputable contractors to build a strong business case for approval.
- Relationship building / account management - including presenting training workshops.
- Providing support to the business development team when pitching to prospective customers, or to expand delivery of the service across more sites within a customer’s portfolio.
- Delivering energy / carbon / spend reduction within businesses through training, motivation and consultancy
- Identifying new products and methodologies to enable the reductions outlined above, including negotiating with suppliers on behalf of their clients.
- Supporting clients to meet government legislation such as ESOS.
The company is looking to bring someone in and help develop a career in Energy Management through on the job training and supporting achieving the below qualifications
- Energy Institute Level 1: Certificate in Energy Management Essentials;
- Energy Institute Level 2: Energy Management Professional;
- Energy Institute Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM).
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- Growing consultancy, excellent career potential within an expanding team
- The successful candidate will be trained on how to audit sites, produce written reports, and gain a greater understanding of the technical aspects related energy management.
- Staff development training - They offer several training opportunities to all staff members to develop and hone their skills in many business areas, including the Energy Institute qualification.
- Employee / Company pension contribution up to 5% each
- Company discount voucher scheme
An environmental/Geography degree or related qualifications are desirable, but not essential. Good IT skills are a must, especially Microsoft Excel.
Starting from£22,000 - £26,000 p/a depending upon experience / qualifications. Guaranteed 1st year bonus of £2000 p/a paid quarterly. Position includes a company car.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.
- Account Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job