Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for an Graduate Electronics Engineer tojoin their growing team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Graduate Electronics Engineer
Location: St Ives, UK
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Linx is an internationally-renowned supplier of a range of coding and marking solutions including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Marking, and Case Coding and Thermal Transfer printers. Since 1987, our industry-leading technologies have helped organisations across the world increase their productivity while significantly reducing total cost of ownership.
Graduate Electronics Engineer – The Job:
-Reporting to the Electronics Team Lead, this person would join the Electronics Engineering department.
- This person would be involved with all aspects of Electronic assemblies used within Linx products, focussing on New Product Development
- Looking for a person with the right attitude, good grounding in Electronics principles and design, wanting to grow and develop in the role
Graduate Electronics Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Support the Electronics Department in a multitude of disciplines
- Designing and supporting electronic systems used within Linx products
- Supporting with day to day Electronic Engineering issues raised by the onsite production team
- Supporting internal processes and continuous improvements throughout the department
- Liaising with suppliers on technical issues with new and existing products
- Providing improvements to the Quality of Linx products by reducing PPM failures by working with the quality department
- Supporting Value Add engineering activities, to improve cost margins and improve customer requirements
Electronics Engineer / Graduate Electronics Engineer – Experience:
- Some experience with designing and developing products in the Electronics Industry, would consider either as gap year or as vacation placements
- Keen interest in electronics that has expanded beyond the typical Engineering course, either voluntary or as an outside interest
- Experience with designing and constructing PCBs, with design constraints in mind
- Familiar with testing and validating electronics assemblies
- Exposure of designing and supporting products for manufacture, would be beneficial
- Experience with schematic capture, simulation and layout techniques
Graduate Electronics Engineer - Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of system design, requirements capture and specification creation
- Good broad Electronics knowledge, including High Speed Digital, Analogue, PSUs, MCU and glue logic
- Ability to write Firmware for 8 bit / 16 bit MCUs, ideally in C or assembler
- A good understanding of fundamentals on how to design for EMC
- VHDL knowledge and application thereof a distinct advantage
- Good prototyping, modelling, debugging and testing skills
- Good management of electronic data and adherence to process
- Ability to concisely write reports, self-organisation with good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present
- Appreciation of mass production methods and designing assemblies to cost
Please note applicants will need to hold a Full UK Driving License.
To submit your CV for this exciting Graduate Electronics Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!