Graduate Electronic FPGA Engineer
A global provider of Cyber Security, Telecoms and Mobile products are seeking a Grad Electronics FPGA Engineer
Your new company
My client is a trusted vendor of FPGA based extreme line-rate (up to 100Gbps) packet processing cards and appliances that accelerate cyber security applications by offloading high CPU consumers such as signature matching, meta-data extraction and tagging. Working with blue chip companies including Ericsson, Vodafone and EE.
Your new role
Working as an FPGA engineer within their Research & Development team you will create and enhance FPGA IP cores by updating test benches in VHDL to replicate and then fix faults. This will include simulation, synthesis, timing analysis and testing hardware.
Updates to requirement documents, test specifications, design documents and user guides all to planned delivery timescales.
- Understanding the system requirements, translating these into a design and validating that the design implementation meets these requirements.
- Developing code in line with the agreed design specifications within the guidelines of the companies FPGA development processes.
- Confirming through planned and adequate component testing that any component developed will meet the agreed system requirements.
- Setting up systems including the connection of test equipment.
- Producing design documents for components being developed based upon agreed requirements, system design specifications and relevant standards specifications
- Implementing of design in VHDL
- Compliance with the companies Processes and Procedures to ensure that ISO 9001 requirements are met.
- Attending code reviews to verify implementation
- Using software source code control systems in to manage software version control
- Produce test benches and simulations to prove implementation meets requirements
- Use Synthesis, Place-and-route and debugging tools.
- Producing professional documentation in line with the companies processes, including Release Notes, Change Notes, BTRDs and User Guides as appropriate.
- Promptly correcting any deficiencies against requirements identified either internally through Component or System Testing or externally by Customer.
- Attend meetings with other teams to agree customer requirements.
- Attend customer site for installation or fault diagnosis of systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant degree - e.g. engineering including digital design
- Good understanding of System Architecture philosophies.
- Ability to write design documentation and understand the use of message sequence charts and SDLs
- Experience with different operating systems including UNIX and Windows.
- Understanding of firmware testing methods.
- Understanding of high speed digital design
- Experience in programming languages VHDL or Verilog.
- Ability to understand, apply and review processes to ensure they remain valid and meet objectives without unnecessary complication / bureaucracy.
- C and Python Programming to aid system testing.
- Knowledge of IP networks
- UK and overseas travel will be required to deliver installation services, support and training when required in accordance with business need.
Work Authorisations / Security Clearance
- You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and may be required to undergo DV clearance.
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Non Contributory Pension scheme
Private Health Care Insurance
Cycle to Work scheme
Childcare Voucher scheme
Free on-site parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'