Secondary Cover Supervisors
Secondary schools in the Preston and surrounding area are actively looking for confident and driven graduates. The role of a cover supervisor is ideal for graduates and individuals who are considering a career in teaching or are already doing their PGCE. This is a great opportunity to earn extra income and gain classroom experience prior to embarking on a PGCE. If you are a retired teacher who wants to continue working within education on a flexible basis, then this is also the ideal role for you.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will be expected to oversee pre-set lessons in the absence of the classroom teacher. You will not be required to deliver the lesson itself but you must ensure the pupils are on task and complete the work set by the teacher. You will need to manage behaviour in line with the school policy so you must be confident and have a strong, firm, but fair approach.
- A range of training courses available to you at a low cost
- Flexible working hours
- Great opportunity to work in a range of different secondary schools
The requirements for this role
- DBS certificate on the update service (or willing to complete one)
- 2 referees we can contact for references
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, then please send an up to date CV or alternatively call Laura on to discuss the role in more detail.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- sport graduate
- Graduate cover supervisor
- retired teacher