Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
As a Graduate Control Engineer, you will join the Control & Applications team within Eurotherm’s R&D department. You will be involved in the porting of Eurotherm’s function block library into the MATLAB & Simulink environment. This will allow you to gain domain knowledge and expertise and to establish yourself as a key contributer.
Moving forward, you will have the opportunity to research, identify and develop innovative algorithms and solutions that solve customers’ problems and drive demand. Attention to detail and the ability to identify, grasp and translate real-world problems into technical capabilities will be crucial skills.Key Responsibilities
- Create and maintain Control and Application function blocks in the MATLAB & Simulink environment.
- Design, document and test your function blocks in-line with company standards.
- Assist with customer problems or queries relating to the team’s function blocks.
- Research and develop new algorithms and solutions.
- Degree or equivalent in maths, physics or an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of control engineering including the PID controller.
- A good mathematical background.
- A creative mind and ability for problem solving.
- Experience using MATLAB and/or Simulink.
- A broad knowledge of engineering and the physical sciences.
- Good communication skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Self Motivation
- Willingness to travel.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience in automation for the process and/or discrete industries.
- Experience and knowledge of Heat Treatment / Glass / Life Sciences / Utilities.
- A knowledge of software development.
- Driving license.
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please apply on line.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job