Our client is one of the country’s leading providers of enterprise productivity software solutions – they’re currently on the lookout for a highly organised and personable graduate to work with them as a Community Coordinator.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing tech company in a varied graduate role – you’ll gain exposure to all areas of the business as a coordinator for the Community team whose mission is to develop programs and expand channels for the organisation by varied marketing activity.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing activities associated with all Community events: travel packets, printing, partner communication, and ad hoc support;
- Assisting in coordination of company events and exhibitions; managing all collateral, apparel, and shipments for events;
- Performing administrative tasks: meeting planning, expense reconciliations on behalf of senior executives;
- Travelling to events including tradeshows, roadshows, user groups to demonstrate the client’s products and facilitating workshops;
- Coordinating onsite visits from partners and customers as needed;
- Scheduling and managing Community team meetings;
- Passing on any leads from trade shows, exhibitions and marketing events to the sales team to follow up.
Receiving a basic salary of £23,000 you'll be joining a vibrant, inclusive and innovative company culture – they’re all about improving the customer experience for their own customers and they want creative individuals that are ready to collaborate and grow within this graduate role. In addition to this you’ll possess excellent attention to detail in administrative tasks, and time management skills.
You’ll be a recent university graduate with:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Diligence and a thorough approach to your work
- Fantastic organisational skills
If you require this job specification or to apply in an alternate format please visit the Pareto website.
(Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you haven’t heard from us within 28 days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job