The NPS Group (NPS) is one of the country’s most respected property design and management consultancies with offices throughout the UK. We are a multi-disciplinary practice and our expanding business offers exceptional career prospects and opportunities.
NPS Property Consultants, Norwich are seeking to appoint a Graduate Commercial Estates Surveyor to join their established team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be based in our Norwich, Nautilus House office.
The Graduate Commercial Estates Surveyor will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of Estate Management and Valuation services to meet prescribed targets in accordance with all relevant policies, standards and legislation.
- Carry out general practice estate management work as required.
- Assist with or undertake non-complex valuations and agency work under appropriate supervision.
- Undertake research and investigations in respect of any estate management duties.
- Undertake the inspection of property and measurement, either on site or from plans.
- Assist with land and building surveys for disposals preparation and for other purposes as and when required.
- Assist with the maintenance of records including the inputting of data.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and briefings as required on estate management issues around the disposal programme and for other purposes as and when required.
- Provide support to the wider Estates team as required.
- Assist colleagues in managing workloads and property related matters affecting the client.
- Undertake a personal fee earning case load of work as agreed with the team.
- Work with the client in the delivery of work commitments and programmes relating to estate management.
- Observe and comply with the quality management system and ensure that work commitments are undertaken on time, to budget, to target fee and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities.
- Contribute to the achievement of business plan objectives and targets.
- Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post, including travel to other offices and sites as required.
- Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Estates related discipline - Essential
- Professional membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or be working or prepared to work towards - Essential
- Holds a current site card or is immediately prepared to attain - Essential
- Experience in a similar related role - Desirable
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite - Essential
- Knowledge of Law of Landlord and tenant, Law of compulsory purchase and compensation, and property valuation techniques - Essential
- Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos - Desirable
In return, NPS offers a wide range of benefits including generous remuneration, excellent working conditions, training and development as well as flexible working and 25+ days holiday allowance.
NPS aims for our employees to be truly representative of our society and welcomes applications from all sections of our communities. We are wholly committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
- Real Estate
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job