An award winning fintech start-up specialising in providing business finance to help small businesses grow further and faster. In 5 years the company has already lent over £150m through their award winning technology platform. After raising capital to grow the business and recently opening operations in Germany, Spain, Poland this is a fantastic time to join the business.
This is a permanent graduate job with a starting salary of £20k.
How can you expect to spend your day?
The Payments Team is core to the business. By supporting existing customers to repay their loans, the Payments team also plays an important role in generating more fuel for issuing new loans to customers. Customer payment performance is an important measure of the company’s own success and repayments allow them to recapitalise and lend to more and more businesses and reach their ambitious targets.
The company believes customers need support and reassurance to get them back on track so they can focus on what will ultimately allow them to make a missed payment; making a success of their business. In this role, you will be there to provide that support!
Tasks you can expect to learn about include the following.
- Taking ownership of a portfolio of customers in respect to their agreed repayments and enhance customer relationships through a straightforward and transparent approach.
- Answering queries regarding upcoming payments, communicate with customers who have missed a repayment, agree and schedule payments to bring your customer back on track.
- Listening to your customer’s reasons for non-payment, being inquisitive and empathetic in order to fully understand the problem and then come up with a solution that suits both the customer and the company.
- Identifying where a missed payment may require input from other teams within the business, such as credit analysts or account managers or escalation to the collection or legal teams to achieve the best outcome.
- Providing fast and efficient best in class customer service with every customer interaction to enhance the company’s name and reputation
- Driving change throughout the business through structured feedback, ensuring the company always provide customers with the very best experience across all aspects of the business.
- Ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines.
What are the desired skills, experience, and personality for this role?
- Educated to degree level.
- Smart, humble, and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- A high level of accuracy and comfortable with numbers.
- Empathy, forbearance, and professionalism.
- Able to deal with a variety of challenges, multi-task, and think on your feet outside the box
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a real enthusiasm for helping SMEs.
- Driven, proactive, and results-driven.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Experience working customer service, ideally in a commercial setting.
- Any experience working in credit control, soft collections, or the finance industry would be a bonus.
What are the perks of working for this company?
- Join an award-winning team of over 120 diverse, smart, ambitious and humble people motivated to grow an amazing business.
- Activities such as Pool, Foosball, and Ping Pong.
- A relaxed environment with plenty of space to chill out.
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (healthy and unhealthy).
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts around Oxford Circus.
- Cycle to work scheme for great value bikes.
- Various sports teams including football and climbing.
- A super smart team of really nice people.
- Company work retreats to great destinations, such as the French Alps for some January skiing, or the Balearic Islands for some late summer sun.
- 25 days holiday a year plus a day off for your birthday - they want you fresh and fully charged.
- Having raised $20m this is an exciting time to join the team as they continue to expand.