We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join a leading consultancy based in Bedford. This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineering to work on a variety of challenging projects covering different areas within the Construction industry, some of which include healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail and mixed use residential schemes. The company offer a first class service within Civil Engineering consultancy therefore they look for top quality professionals to come on board and join the team.
The successful Graduate should hold a BEng/Bsc or MEng/Msc in Civil or Structural engineering form an ICE approved institution and have a passion in pursuing their development taking time to achieved CEng status. The Graduate Civil Engineer should have a flexible approach to work and strong analytical skills in order to work within this growing company.
The Graduate Engineer, if successful will be preparing structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD and also undertaking engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects. A crucial part of this role will involve client liaison and supporting other team members in attending design and site meetings whilst carrying out site inspections. Other duties are included below however this role is a developmental role for a graduate to progress and take their first step on the career ladder.
Graduate Engineer Position Overview
- Keep abreast of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice.
- Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- Provide technical support including report writing and presentations.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Maintain all necessary records.
Graduate Engineer Position Requirements
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an ICE approved institution.
- Willingness to undertake further training in office and own time to achieve CEng status.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field.
Graduate Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary depending on experience
- Package to be discussed at interview stage.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy