Location: Carlisle, Cardiff and North Tyneside
Type of contract: Permanent
Job title: Graduate civil engineer (highways)
Build better environments as a graduate civil engineer
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Join us as a graduate civil engineer and you'll help to shape the highways of the future. We're a friendly and professional team, always open to new perspectives and looking for ways to collaborate. Get your career off to a great start as you combine your academic knowledge with practical experience as a graduate civil engineer. We'll help you along the way with mentorship, networking opportunities, training and support to becoming chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers Your start date will be 16th November and you'll be working from home for the rest of 2020. We'll do all we can to help you adapt to this new way of working. We expect you'll move back to office working sometime in 2021, and when this happens be assured we'll offer all the help and guidance needed to make this transition as easy as possible for you. Apply now and help to build the next generation of places where people can prosper.
What you'll be doing:
- developing engineering proposals that consider factors like safety and environmental impact
- helping to choose the best options for development
- preparing the full engineering data package to be used for detailed design
- supporting other engineers to carry out checks across different disciplines
- preparing technical outputs to the highest standard
- collaborating on the production of drawings, reports and specifications
What we're looking for:
- a relevant engineering degree (at grade 2:1 or above)
- an understanding of the Construction Design and Management (CDM) 2015 Regulations, and Common Safety Method (CSM) 2013 Regulations
- good written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences
- the ability to manage your own time, meet challenging deadlines and hit budget targets
- strong team player who can work with stakeholders at all levels
- the motivation and desire to work towards a chartership for the Institution of Civil Engineers
About Real Estate & Infrastructure:
At Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure, we're transforming the entire built environment. We're working with public and private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. From inception to delivery, we provide a unique blend of services and expertise that means we're able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector. Our consultants have built a mixed use regeneration project situated on the banks of the River Thames and provided advice and support on the Merseyside Gateway Bridge. Join us and discover better as you create the smart, connected places of tomorrow.
What's in it for you?
- a competitive basic salary - plus we'll pay for professional body membership fees
- 23 days' holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socializing, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- flexible working options available - just ask
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 61,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you're successful there will be a telephone interview, followed by a virtual assessment centre of which details will be shared with your prior to the event. We expect to close applications by 2nd October and for the first round of interviews to be completed by 9th October. Virtual assessment centres will have taken place by the week commencing 19th October. Offers will be made by the week commencing 19th October. The start date will be 16th November 2020. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, please contact Stephen Anderson at Capita Group Resourcing by emailing .
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Civil Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'