An exciting Southampton based start-up, backed by a leading global investor group, is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and motivated Graduated Chemist to join their growing team.
The company is developing advanced chemical sensor products for monitoring in environmental and healthcare applications.
They are committed to excellence in their people as well as their technology and they provide you with the best opportunity to expand your skills and make a success of your career by offering a professional, challenging, and exciting environment.
About the role:
The Graduate Chemist will be a key figure in the development of continuous sensing solutions based on the company's patented nanodroplet platform technology. This microfluidics approach enables autonomous sensing with small deployable devices. Existing validated assays and chemistries are typically used to ensure lab-quality data and support faster launch of new products.
Applications to date range from environmental monitoring for measuring nitrite, nitrate and phosphate in water to healthcare sensors for monitoring of biomarkers in biological fluids.
The Graduate Chemist is expected to work in collaboration towards adapting existing commercially available protocols (e.g. enzymatic assays and immunoassays with colorimetry or fluorimetry based detection) to work effectively on our sensor platform.
Day-to-day responsibilities will primarily be:
- demonstrating a competent level of technical skills and knowledge
- performing routine laboratory functions to carry out and support scientific experiments and investigations
- maintaining data records and reports in line with company procedures
- collecting, preparing samples and reagents according to Good Laboratory Practice ensuring Quality Control (QC) activities are carried out in compliance with company quality standards
- work collaboratively providing analytical support to the product development team (including mechanical and electronics functions)
- setting up, testing and release QC for chemical sensor products
- ensuring high laboratory standards with respect to health, safety and environment are met
- providing support to laboratory operation, equipment maintenance, contracts, stock control, disposal
This is an excellent career opportunity to join an emerging company that is destined to become a leader in compact sensing solutions with commercial applications covering multiple industries. The company has ambitious growth plans and is looking for game changers to join the team and grow with the company. Attractive career development opportunities are expected to emerge as the company grows.
This is a technically challenging position requiring a can-do attitude. The Graduate Chemist will be strong in solving chemistry and assay related problems as well as stringent in setting up and following test protocols. They will be a strong communicator able to liaise across multidisciplinary functions at all levels.
- A University degree or equivalent in analytical chemistry / biochemistry or relevant industrial experience
- Strong practical skills including accurate pipetting and reagent preparation
- Competent user of a wide range of scientific laboratory equipment
- Good understanding of process safety and hazard operability
- Knowledge of the principle of method development and method validation requirements
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions but self-motivated
- Flexible approach and ability to quickly learn and apply new skills & processes
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to champion best practice on all chemistry and reagent based aspects
- Relevant work experience, ideally in water or medical industries or having worked with sensors
- Familiarity working under quality management systems (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO13485)
- Experience in immunoassay development or protein analysis
- Experience working with microfluidic or 'lab-on-a-chip' devices
- Competitive salary
- Company pension and health insurance scheme
- 23 days leave plus bank holidays
- 37 ½ hour week - flexible working patterns will be considered
Sounds interesting? PLEASE CLICK APPLY for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including, Clinical Chemist, Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Technician may also be considered for this role.
Please include your cover letter in the same document as your CV.
For immediate start, application closing date is 6 August 2021.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'