Brightside Insurance is a top 20 insurance broker and financial services business that has a history of rapid growth in the UK. We are recruiting for a talented graduate to join an established and innovative testing team. This exciting position would be perfect for a Computer Science graduate looking to further their career.
This role is located in our Bristol head office however there would be a requirement to visit our Southampton operations on a fortnightly to monthly basis.
This person is a member of the MI development team and is responsible for converting the business requirements into fit for purpose and robust BI solution.
To fulfil MI requirement on major contracts for our Southampton site.
To provide accurate and timely information to all business levels both internally and externally
To provide an analytical approach to considering issues and opportunities within the business intelligence environment
To manipulate and transform large data sets into meaningful information and provide means of discovering the intelligence within the data (trends/variations)
- Minimum 2:1 in relevant subject.
- Strong TSQL and SSRS skills.
- Excellent performance tuning on T-SQL.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with non-technical team.
- Good understanding of OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Good understanding of Kimball Data Warehouse concept.
- Experience of using Tableau
- Access to hundreds of pounds worth of health care and treatments via our Health Cash Plan Scheme.
- 22 days holiday, rising by one each year, up to 27 days in total - plus bank holidays.
- Take your Birthday off! Here at Brightside we give you your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- We reward our long serving employees through extra holiday and one off cash rewards.
- A staff referral scheme where you can earn up to £500 for recommending a friend.
- A salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- Career progression opportunities throughout the business, plus the chance to gain Insurance qualifications.
- We could save you up to £900 on your Childcare costs through our Kiddivouchers scheme.
- A variety of Staff Discounts covering: Gym memberships, Restaurants, Beauty salons, Spas, Car garages, Golf memberships, Wedding accessories and much much more!!
- We regularly partake in fun days for charity. During your breaks you will also have full access to our games room, complete with pool table, and table tennis and football.
Our offices are idyllically located in North Bristol overlooking the Severn Bridge. It is accessible via the M4 & M5, and consequently avoids traffic black spots. Due to our location it is essential that all our employees have their own transport to get to our offices, we have plenty of FREE onsite parking. We are easily commutable from Bristol, Chepstow, Newport and Stroud.
- Business Intelligence
- Graduate Level