Graduate Business Development American Hours
Graduate Business Development - Community Analyst - American Hours
Following a bumper start to 2021, we're looking for two talented people to help us expand our reach into exciting new markets in the USA. As an early joiner you will have a massive impact on the wider success of the US business and develop commercial skills around the development of the international brand.
As one of our intake of Community Analysts for Summer 2021, the position offers you the opportunity to shape the future direction of one of London's most exciting start-ups.
Combining business development, networking, research, marketing and commercial negotiations, Harmonic Community Analysts will be taken through a broad education in recruitment business development which offers unrivalled career progression.
You'll also benefit from a host of harmonic perks one of which is a four and a half day week. We recognise that people need to be able to look after themselves and have fun in London before relocating so, we offer a 12-4pm day on Friday so you can enjoy your full weekend.
Harmonic supply the finance, operations and legal professionals who make our clients brilliant. Focussing on filling roles we work with some of the most exciting organisations in Europe and the USA, ranging from ground-breaking technology start-ups (Fintech, Software, AI, Robotics, Electronics, BioTech) and media businesses.
Led by Charlie Walker, Harmonic is our founder's second business (having built his first to a £30 million turnover operation aged just 24 back in 2008).Charlie has previously built hugely successful US businesses with offices in LA, Houston and Miami within 5 years of incorporation and we achieved this by building out our networks from the UK before transplanting the team to the US.The intention is for the senior management team of 2023 to be 90% comprised of former Community Analysts.
Our values are at the core of what we do and following a challenging year for everyone in 2020 we have doubled down on our commitment to the wider community and commitment to giving our people the support they need inside and outside of the world of work.
We have a very active social scene which - we have weekly drinks in Camden, regular gig attendance and fly to international music festivals (most recently Nova Batida in Lisbon) paid for by the company.
We have achieved some exceptional growth in the last 4 years scaling at circa 100% per annum which has been driven by our team of incredibly ambitious Community Analysts resulting in the creation of multiple new leaders and managers in as little as 18 months after joining!
Community Analyst is the first rung on the Harmonic career development programme. The position is a broad introduction to recruitment and staffing, which focusses upon the development of business development skills (80% phone, 10% meetings, 10% marketing and events) and the building of a trusted community of candidates within a niche marketplace.
Daily and weekly targets will be used during your training so if you don't thrive in a competitive environment (albeit a super-friendly one!), then this probably isn't the role for you. We expect successful candidates to make promotion to SeniorCommunity Analyst between their fifth and eight months in the job.
- Build a niche candidate community via phone and face-to-face business development (more Zoom heavy!)
- Source information or 'leads' on urgent hiring opportunities for Harmonic to fill
- Source candidates for live Harmonic vacancies
- Take responsibility for the quality of the Harmonic CRM data
- Manage and monitor social media channels
- Write and co-ordinate the design of bespoke marketing materials for your marketplace
- Create original content specific to your market for the Harmonic website
Work Environment and our Values:
Harmonic Group is going places. And quickly. You should therefore expect to work long hours when needed, and not be too phased by the prospect of competition. Above all, our three core values: Knowledge, Respect and Community aren't just there for PR purposes, they underpin everything we do internally as a business, as well as externally.Harmonic offer the best training and coaching. Bar none. We are also hugely proud of the fact that we have a dedicated Learning and Development Manager: Alex Sharp, who is CIPD Level 5 qualified specialist.
What we'll need to see throughout the recruitment process (essential):
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- Good educational background
- A competitive spirit
- An appreciation and sharing of our values
- Previous paid work experience (can be part-time or between terms)
Package & Benefits:
- Basic salary of £22,000 (rising to £23,000 following probationary period)
- Annual bonus (linked to display of values)
- Unrivalled earning potential due to significantly higher salaries, higher fees and the fact the US start-up market is the world's largest.
- 1 x company international weekend away (paid for by Harmonic!)
- 1 x individually-targeted weekend away (New York or similar)
- Free ticket to Getahead wellness and music festival
- Discounted food and drink in Camden Lock and Stables Market (up to 30%)
- Opportunity to relocate to the US and be integral to growing our coverage from the initial Boston base (NYC and beyond fairly quickly is the plan)
- Opportunity to travel to Boston and NYC to meet clients post pandemic
At Harmonic we have recently introduced a four and a half day work week with a half day on Friday, truly making Friday, FRIYAY. Standard working hours when working on the USA side of the business are 12.00pm - 9.30pm Monday- Thursday with reduced hours on Fridays.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'