Are you a recent Quantity Surveyor graduate? Are you looking for a progressive career in the construction industry?
Due to expansion, Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for a Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support my clients growing North West commercial team. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a career and learn from experienced Quantity Surveyors. My client are looking for a keen and enthusiastic individual to join the business that will develop and progress with the company. You could be a graduate looking for that right position after leaving University or an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with a few years' experience within the construction industry. You will be based in the Company's North-West office working alongside Senior Quantity Surveyors in a successful commercial team while reporting to a Commercial Manager. You will be working on various residential projects while actively learning the role and developing your skills and experience. You will be supported from day one and given the chance to get involved in projects which will lead to a long term career as a Quantity Surveyor.
Some of your Duties/Responsibilities:
- Assisting with Cost Value Reports
- Assisting with procurement, valuations, variations, tender analysis, take offs, measurements and management of packages and sub-contractor accounts
- Attending site meetings on a monthly basis, attending quarterly team meetings
- Assisting with subcontract packages from ground works to internal finishing's
- Getting involved in pricing and ordering
- Inputting variations
- Departmental duties - filling, photocopying etc.
- Preparing documents and information for site visits
- Raising orders
- Ensuring master price lists are up to date in relation to labour and materials
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
My client are seeking a degree (or equivalent) qualified Assistant Quantity Surveyor who has some experience of working on New Build Housing projects or an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who has a main contracting background and is looking to make a move into the new build housing industry.
You should have:
- A track record in academic achievement
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills with competency at Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Be methodical, accurate and have a goody attention to detail
- Be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Be able to co-ordinate a number of different tasks at the same time
- Be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks
- To have good general business and commercial awareness
Apply now for a confidential discussion regarding the role.
- Quantity Surveyor/ construction management/ cost control/ Senior Quantity surveyor