GiBe Finance are excited to be working exclusively with a FTSE 250 organisation in Farnborough to recruit a high-potential graduate into their Group Finance team. The business is making a generous offer relating to mentoring and development, trust and level of work given, and salary/study package.
The successful candidate will gain a qualification with a highly recognisable brand and a broad skill-set that can either be used internally within a variety of roles or taken to their next company to further develop their career.
The qualification on offer is a fully funded ACCA qualification under the new apprenticeship standard, Professional Accountancy Apprenticeship at Level 7.
In return, they are looking for someone who possesses strong academics, (2:1 degree or higher, preferably in a finance-related/mathematical subject,) coupled with a natural character that builds relationships quickly and is comfortable presenting in front of senior members of staff and large groups of people.
The successful candidate will be involved in a range of activities within; Accounting & Reporting, Tax and FP&A, not limited to be including:
Reporting & Accounting
- As part of the wider team support the preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts
- Preparation of analysis for analytical review and auditors
- Contribute to the production of high quality externally reported financial statements and subsidiary financial statements
- Holding company payments and book-keeping entries
- Produce and analyse holding company cost centre reports
Tax & Treasury
- Analysis to support VAT and tax returns
- Preparation and interpretation of daily cash reporting
- Assist in preparing consolidated budget and forecasts
- Contribute to and review the budget and forecast board papers
- Ad-hoc analysis projects as required
- 2.1 degree, a finance-related subject would be beneficial but not essential
- GCSE Maths Grade B or above and English Grade C or above
- Good oral and written communication skills a prerequisite
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Articulate, persuasive, confident, possessing sound intellect
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Experience of using Excel, MS Word and Powerpoint would be an advantage
- Willing and quick to learn
If interested in this role and to review a full, detailed job description, please apply below.