Graduate Application Packager / Software Engineer
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Are you an IT or computer science graduate looking to start your career as a Graduate Application Packager / Software Engineer? Want to learn and grow with a ground-breaking EdTech that’s changing the way students learn? If so, our client would love to hear from you.
Who will I be working for?
Our client is an exciting EdTech company who are making waves in their industry. On a mission to make the student experience even more awesome, they provide award-winning technology solutions to the higher education market.
With over half of the UK’s universities using their technology (and plenty more worldwide), our client has made an impressive start - and they’ve got big plans for their future. Using next generation Cloudpaging virtualization, our client can deliver Windows applications 20-100 times faster than traditional download and install.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our client as a Graduate Application Packager / Software Engineer and help to deliver industry-leading tech that’s transforming learning for the better.
What are the perks?
- Salary of £23,000 - £26,000 DOE
- Health insurance - including discounted gym membership
- Small and friendly team who are passionate about what they do
- Develop your career with a company nominated for the Techworld Best Place to Work in Tech Award 2018
- Excellent training and support to ensure you succeed
- Significant room for personal growth
- The opportunity to travel internationally in the future
- An on-site café in case the hunger bug hits
In this exciting role, you’ll learn how to master the use of Cloudpaging Studio. This next generation software virtualization technology allows the installation of any Windows application to be captured, virtualized and deployed to Windows users on-demand, in a fraction of the time it would normally take to download and install the application.
As well as access to industry-leading specialists and training, your role will include great development prospects, the chance to tinker with cool tech and an endless supply of high-fives.
So, if you’re looking to join a rapidly-growing company, become a world-leading expert in application packaging and reap all the rewards that being a world-leading expert brings, this is the role for you.
What will I be doing?
As a Graduate Application Packager / Software Engineer, you’ll learn how to use Cloudpaging Studio to package applications.
Once you’re trained, you’ll have the chance to add to our client’s impressive library of virtualized apps, as well as supporting EdTech teams across the globe to deliver an awesome IT experience to students.
Specifically, you will:
- Work as part of a distributed team of Application Packagers
- Maintain virtual packaging environments (VMs) and a central library of documentation
- Test, troubleshoot and optimise applications to ensure maximum performance
- Assist with the implementation of systems and processes
- Document packaging steps
- Provide technical support to customers
Sounds great! What do I need to get my foot in the door?
- An undergraduate degree in an IT or computer science related discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience and technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, including the installation and troubleshooting of software applications
- A general understanding of software and computer systems used by students in a higher education context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write well formatted and accurate technical documentation in MS Word
- The willingness to undertake continuing professional development
Our client is eager to hear from you if you have experience as, or would like to become, a Graduate Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Graduate Application Packager, Trainee Application Packager, Graduate Application Specialist, Graduate IT Support Engineer or Application Deployment Specialist / Consultant.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you quite like the idea of having Graduate Application Packager / Software Engineer as your job title, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job