Graduate Application Engineer
Job Title: Applications Engineer
Reporting to: Applications Manager
Education: Minimum of a Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
Job Purpose: To work within an ISO 9001 environment, providing a service to the sales department and customers, involving selection and quotation of clutch / brake units and spares. To provide thorough communication of requirements between the customer and design.
Plan, design and coordinate the application of products into meeting the requirements of the customers. Interface with customers to establish all requirements and liaise with other departments within the company to turn the opportunities into successful and profitable orders and sales.
- Work from customer enquires in the selection of units by undertaking full calculations in order to meet the required specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates for new assembly proposals through good understanding of the manufacturing costing system.
- Prepare quotations for presentation to customer.
- Co ordinate between customer and design to manage the flow of information to ensure that the product fully meets the customer requirements. Track the progress of designs to ensure timely completion.
- Co ordinate the submission of assembly drawings for customer approval and manage final submission of certified drawings and special documentation to customers requirements.
- Provide on site support for all products worldwide.
- Provide customer support on marine clutch controls, trouble shooting and commissioning. Investigate control systems and track logic through electrical diagrams.
- Create Instruction and Maintenance Manuals for marine related products using Microsoft packages.
- Provide technical support to sales team, distributors and customers.
- To carry out project work at the request of the Applications Manager and marine Product Specialist.
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"