Grade B/C Clinical Negligence Solicitor - Permanent - Cardiff
To be a successful Clinical Injury Solicitor or Legal Executive, you need more than a legal degree and an understanding of the SRA. You need the ability to empathise with clients, the ability to understand the frustrations and requirements of people that have experienced often traumatic events. These skills, along with the required qualifications and experience, are vital to ensuring your clients feel safe in trusting you with pursuing their claim.
NewLaw Solicitors is growing, as a result of that we are looking for a professional, personable and experienced Clinical Negligence specialist to join our team.
A day in the life of a Clinical Negligence Solicitor / Legal Executive at NewLaw will involve:
- Dealing effectively and efficiently with enquiries from prospective new clients.
- Accepting instructions from new clients and advising them on costs and funding and the firm’s terms of business and confirming that advice in writing in accordance with practice requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Maintaining effective and professional contact with all other parties involved in the case and maintain all necessary correspondence.
- Undertaking all necessary preparation of the case or matter from inception to conclusion.
- Ensuring the case management system is kept up to date, including all notes, telephone calls and communications.
- Completing and maintain as necessary any professional documentation or records (such as a Practicing Certificate) as the Solicitors Regulation Authority or any other professional body may require;
- Liaison within the firm with other fee earners engaged in similar and / or related cases matters or clients with a view both to maximising efficiency and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Attend court with counsel and attend in conference with counsel independently of the principal solicitor
- Working to strict deadlines and service level.
- At conclusion of any case, provide all relevant advice to the client and deal with the proper file closing arrangements and storage.
- Work effectively and efficiently, including mentoring, with the non-fee earning staff including the Department and Case Assistants.
- Attend training internally and externally as agreed with the Head of the Department and maintain a record of all training undertaken and CPD points.
- To complete and maintain as necessary any professional documentation or records (such as a Practicing Certificate) as the Solicitors Regulation Authority or any other professional body may require.
- Obtain payments on account of costs at all relevant stages and keep client advised of costs throughout the course of the case. Delivery of regular bills to the client.
- Play an active role in the firm’s marketing
To be a successful Clinical Negligence Solicitor / Legal Executive within NewLaw, you would need:
- To comply with the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s standards of professional conduct and ethics and, in particular, with the strict requirement of confidentiality of client’s affairs, at all times.
- Maintain such financial records and financial information as may be required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the firm, including providing calculations of work in progress from time to time.
- To adhere so far as possible to annual billing and performance targets and with performance measures.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of clinical negligence liability and willingness to keep up to date with legal developments
- Knowledge of clinical negligence claims, involving breach of duty and causation, quantum issues and litigation matters and a good understanding of the law and practice relating to all areas of Clinical Negligence as well as an understanding of the obligations, including ethical obligations of working as a solicitor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, confident and comfortable relaying legal advice and support to a variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to demonstrate empathy with clients who have suffered an injury.
- Interpersonal skills, building strong links with the management teams.
- A professional and confident style with clients and colleagues.
- Strong IT skills including word, excel and outlook.
In return for your commitment and expertise, we offer:
- A Salary between £26,000 and £45,000, plus performance related bonus.
- 32 days annual leave, increasing annually to a maximum of 35 days (This includes bank/public holidays)
- A 20% discount with EE.
- Local shop discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme and travel loans.
- A "Recommend a Friend" bonus scheme, up to £1250 per referral.
- City Centre location right by Queens Street Station, 10 min walk from Cardiff Central.
- And of course, the salary sacrifice pension (5% employee, 3% employer)
Why would you want to work with NewLaw?
NewLaw is a leading specialist law firm and is part of the £527m Redde plc group. NewLaw is ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for three areas; Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Private Client services. Our fresh approach to managing personal injury claims has made us a major force in the sector since we were first established in 2004. Our teams of specialists provide a service that 95% of our clients would recommend.
If you like what we have to offer and want to hear more, please apply today!
NewLaw welcomes all applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, or gender.
- Legal Executives
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'