Demand for our unrivalled clinical services is growing. We need experienced GPs with a genuine interest in delivering preventative and private medicine in our Health Assessments and GP appointments at our Bupa clinic in London
- Undertaking clinical work in accordance with the standards of good clinical practice generally accepted in the UK, and within the ethical guidelines as suggested by the GMC and as defined in the Clinical Delivery Manual and quality standards.
- Ensuring that clients are always informed of the costs of additional tests, and to select tests appropriate for the client's condition/illness
- Ensuring that medical reporting complies with Bupa Data Protection policies and quality standards.
- Taking responsibility for urgent findings and results of clients and following through as appropriate.
- Ensuring GP's are informed of clients' abnormal results and that referrals are made in a timely manner and that where appropriate the clients GP is informed.
- Ensuring that all clients are informed of abnormal results, their significance, and, where appropriate suggestions for further action
- Ensuring deputy is nominated to continue patient care in the event of absence / pending results.
- Adhering to the procedure for the documentation and handling of complaints
- Providing clinical advice and guidance to doctors, health advisers well woman sisters, administrative staff and clients both on site and by telephone.
- Working with Lead Physician on certain delegated projects and participate in audits as required.
- Attending and participating in clinical meetings / training sessions as required and in clinical audit where needed and requested.
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- GP registration
- Broad post qualification medical experience in health assessment and general practice
- Member of medical defence organisation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer relationship management experience
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work as part of a multifunctional team and communicate at all levels
- Evidence of Hep B immunity or non-responder status
- Demonstrable post registration experience including time in General Practice
- Must be currently/ recently active in Clinical Practice
- Current BLS certificate
- Evidence of at least 50 hours of relevant CPD in previous 12 months.
Why Work For Us?
- We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme and annual salary review
- We'll help you balance your life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees)
- We'll keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and our free on-site gym.
- We'll give you regular training to support you in our friendly and caring environment.
- We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested to improve healthcare for our customers in better health and care services
- We'll cover your indemnity costs for the days you work for Bupa
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job