Simpson Millar LLP recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises.We provide a wide range of legal services, including: Family, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Public Law, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We now have a vacancy in our Manchester office for a GPI Litigation Team to lead a team of Litigators undertaking out of Portal work, with responsibility for managing performance against agreed measures. Our Team Leader will promote the efficient and proportionate processing of out of Portal claims and run a reduced caseload of out of Portal cases.
Our GPI Litigation Team Leaderresponsibilities will be:
- To lead a team of out of Portal Litigators dealing with general personal injury claims (typically EL / PL)
- To understand and ensure that stated operational measures for the role are met by the entire team, to include (but not exclusively):
- Cash collection
- Case durations
- Operational touch time
- Conducting transactional monitoring on team files and providing effective coaching
- Managing a reduced caseload of out-of-portal GPI claims using an automated, lean and efficient case workflow to achieve the best possible outcome for the client and the firm
- To select the most appropriate pre-defined case plan, at all key stages of the case
- Drafting of court documentation throughout the litigation process
- Attendance at routine directions/interlocutory hearings in person or adequately delegate where appropriate
- To seek technical input as required and where the process determines
- To adopt a culture of clear, consistent and full data provision within the working environment
- To help identify continuous improvement to the operational function with regards to process, commercial and tactical practice
- Support the continuous improvement and ongoing development of an automated, lean and efficient case workflow, under the overarching aim of reducing operational costs and shortening case duration times
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care
- Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations
- Adhere to and to promote compliance to the professional Code of Conduct; to the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; to legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards.
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice.
- To assist in the smooth transition of cases in particular by identifying any cases which might be subject to a non-fixed costs regime that could be dealt with in a more profitable area.
- Educated to at least GCSE level A-C Mathematics and English.
- No experience is necessary although evidence of working in claims before would be advantageous. Full training will be provided.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity to be our GPI Litigation Team Leader
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job