marketing "marketing manager" government "public sector" frameworks "head of marketing" "marketing director"
Government and Public Sector Marketing Manager for a major UK Cloud/ managed services provider
Up to £70k base plus bonus and benefits
*****NOTE TO APPLICANTS***** - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND IN MARKETING IT OR TELECOMS SERVICES INTO UK PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANISATIONS OTHERWISE YOUR CV WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REJECTED.
Our client is a leading UK provider of Cloud, Connectivity, Unified Communications and IT Services. They have a requirement for a marketing manager to market their suite of services into the Central Govt, NHS and Education marketplaces.
About the team
The sales and marketing team is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy in the Government and Public Sector and in particular to deliver:
Enhanced relationships and networks
A distinctive brand experience
Who we are looking for
Our client is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the Government and Public Sector sales team.
Reporting into the Head of Public Sector, you will be responsible for creating, delivering and evaluating a commercially focused marketing strategy aligned to the firm's strategic growth priorities.
We are looking for someone with strong influencing and powerful communication skills in order to be credible and make an impact on senior stakeholders as well as strong commercial awareness in order to advise leadership on bringing our marketing campaigns to life. Knowledge of the government and public sector although not essential is desirable.
A proven track record of delivering effective campaigns is essential. You will be an experienced project manager and have a passion for content development and multi-channel marketing techniques.
The jobholder must be creative and innovative and be able to communicate key business messages to a diverse audience. Good writing skills are therefore a key requirement for this role.
About the role
This role will require the post holder to fulfil the following:
- Manages and develops content on current and emerging government and public sector issues and their implications across industry.
- Provides expert advice to key stakeholders on the most appropriate approach, content and channel mix and strives to uphold quality and brand standards.
- Ensures that marketing ideas and content are in line with buyer needs, co-ordinated across the matrix and propositions.
- Drives short and long-term ROI measures and takes responsibility for delivery and evaluation of ROI on specific marketing programmes.
- Provides innovative and creative best practice input, helps to improve our approach, builds on and delivers good ideas.
- Proactively seeks new ways of discovering fresh insight and new channels to market, and innovates to engage with our audiences in different ways.
- Drives quality standards through the team and monitors service levels so they are maintained consistently.
- Ensures that marketing programmes are continuously improved and experience, information and knowledge are shared appropriately.
Proven track record in content development and a sound understanding of multi-channel marketing techniques, (ideally within a IT services environment).
- A solid understanding of marketing campaign development, (ideally with a professional marketing qualification).
- Knowledge of digital and traditional marketing channels
- The ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives, and to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication, writing and facilitation skills are essential as is the ability to liaise, influence, challenge effectively and build relationships at senior management, peer and team level.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Proactive with a positive can do approach.
- Ability to generate credibility and respect at senior levels.
- Self-starter able to work effectively as part of a team.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware.
- An eye for emerging trends and a curious mind.
- Knowledge of the UK Government and Public Sector market is essential.
- Marketing Campaigns
- Marketing Manager
- Public Sector