Brewster McBride are supporting in the recruitment of a Governance Manager. Our client specialises in provided finance solutions across the UK with their head office based in Yorkshire. We are looking for a candidate who can take the lead on governance across the business and be a go to person within the organisation to help with matters relating to compliance. This is an established business who can offer a great package for the right candidate based on the skills and experience they can bring.
- As the companies Data ProtectionOfficer to will ensure procedures are fit for purpose and adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Setting up the assurance framework for data protection to include internal and external reviews.
- Be responsible for ensuring the completion of data protection audits where required.
- Future proofing new contracts and change projects against any Data Protection issues.
- Be the primary point of contact for all data protection matters.
- Responsible for providing a response on all matters of litigation, working with external legal teams where necessary.
- Development of the end to end policy governanceprocess and ensure its on-going monitoring.
- Ensure the on-going development and management of incentiveschemes
- Feed any material issues that requires management attention
Risk & Compliance
Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
- Knowledge of the FCA principles, "Treating Customers Fairly" is essential
- Previous data protection experience a must, preferably as data protection officer
- Previous experience working on legal cases desirable
- Previous experience of developing and implementing a Business Continuity Plan desirable
- Previous document management and control experience desirable
- Ability to challenge behaviours a must
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, and ability to challenge others, as well as having exposure to senior management
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Previous auditing / compliance monitoring in a regulated environment essential
- Degree level qualified, or equivalent
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.