Governance Manager - Real Estate Funds - OUR CLIENT is an expanding property investment and asset management company who hold a sizable and high value portfolio. Due to our client's growth, they are now seeking to recruit for a newly defined role of Governance Manager to ensure the tight rigour of services and documentation that is provided to clients.
The ROLE will include but is not limited to:
- Working with transaction managers and external lawyers to facilitate corporate purchases and sales.
- Working with product developers and external lawyers to provide internal governance advice on structuring new funds and products.
- Working with asset managers and fund operations teams to ensure that all legal obligations are tracked and managed directly or via third party providers.
- Working with Property Fund Finance team and directors to circulate and sign off financial statements for all investment subsidiaries via formal board meetings.
- Providing regular monitoring and reporting to the Asset Management and Operations Committees.
- Initiating regular reviews of dormant subsidiaries and work with internal and external parties to facilitate solvent liquidations.
- Acting as company secretary for various real estate legal entities, primarily key general partner in UK fund structures.
- Arranging board meetings, produce board packs/minutes, draft ad hoc transaction related board resolutions for key general partner entities.
- Liaising with corporate company secretary to ensure that statutory requirements are met and appropriate filings made at Companies House.
- Maintaining full records of staff directorships and associated property assets and managing the process for directorship reviews, appointments and resignations.
- Providing advice and guidance to staff holding external directorships positions on joint ventures and other property vehicles and provide refresher training via retained lawyers.
- Providing support to directors of offshore entities where UK input and facilitation is required for local drafting and execution.
- Acting as 'shadow' company secretary for various offshore entities where UK company secretarial support is required for local drafting and execution.
- Maintaining records of all real estate investment subsidiaries and associated property assets, in the UK, EU, US and Asia.
LEGAL / GENERAL GOVERNANCE
- Leading the document management function for the real estate business.
- Leading a team of two administrators in a busy document execution function, providing emergency cover for sealing administration where required.
- Maintaining key documentation relating to delegated client signing authorities/sealing officers and act as a primary sealing officer executing transactional documents on a daily basis.
- Facilitating and advising on legal document execution in the UK and offshore.
- Liaising with client Boards (internal and external) via company secretarial functions to ensure that client powers of attorney are renewed annually and fit for purpose.
- Liaising with retained lawyers on powers of attorney, sealing and signing protocols for new and existing funds.
- Initiating annual property deeds audits through retained Solicitors.
- Establishing and maintaining timetable in conjunction with retained lawyers to ensure that significant litigation and non-procedural litigation reports are received each quarter.
- Drafting quarterly Legal Risk Reports with input from external lawyers, on behalf of Head of Legal.
- Providing ad-hoc support and advice to Head of Legal on document execution.
The PERSON - To apply, you MUST have legal training/worked as a Company Secretary and hold relevant qualifications as well as possessing an understanding of real estate as an investment class and have strong technical Knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 (CA2006). The candidate should also be able to demonstrate strong judgement and decisiveness when working with others within this role, and must be able to work with a high attention to detail when problems arise.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
- Real Estate
- Company Secretary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job