The Governance and Pensions Secretarial Consultant role will be wide ranging and will overlap with both operational management and client management roles.The Consultant will take a lead role in managing high level projects internally and externally to ensure the successful and timely delivery of services to our clients and to assist with the development of our TAS business.
The Consultant will work closely with the existing Governance & Secretarial team based in Welwyn Garden City on a range of strategic client governance projects and initiatives and will take responsibility for the successful delivery and completion of these activities. The operational aspect of the role focuses on the delivery of a first class secretarial service to a wide range of FTSE 250 clients. The Consultant will support and engage with client facing activities and will be required to build and maintain relationships with any allocated clients.
- To prepare meeting packs to a high standard of quality
- To draft minutes of meetings to the agreed format in accordance with a client specific Service Level Agreement
- To collate action points from meetings and monitor progress in accordance with a client specific Service Level Agreement
- To prepare generic governance materials
- To work with advisers and other team members on the preparation of specific reports/papers
- To contribute to governance thought leadership
- To represent the team and the Firm's principles when working with clients
- The work is varied and the individual will be required to participate in all areas of the governance service
- To oversee the preparation of meetings packs for all clients and help ensure that any papers are issued within the agreed service standard and to the agreed quality
- For allocated clients, work will include:
- updating standard governance documents including business plans, conflicts of interest registers and risk registers for inclusion with meeting papers
-attending client meetings and preparing minutes
- preparing an action point summary within three working days of the minutes being
- overseeing the preparation of summaries for member discretion cases within the agreed service standard
- dealing with member queries
- drafting of responses to member complaints
- monitoring the production of the annual report
- dealing with trustee queries
- dealing with payment of trustee and adviser invoices, updating budget control documentation and reporting on progress to the appointed client contact
- preparing statutory returns
- assisting in project work
- To take ownership of a governance 'toolkit', including its development and marketing, and to act as a point of contact within the Firm for the toolkit
- To ensure that timesheets are completed accurately and in a timely manner (and in accordance with Willis Towers Watson's requirements)
- To ensure that work is completed within agreed budgets
- To contribute to marketing activities and business development
Human capital and benefits
High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster wellbeing and implement solutions that work.
Willis Towers Watson's Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) is a global line of business whose revenue is primarily driven from providing outsourced pension administration services to occupational pension funds. Our three largest markets are Germany, UK and US. We have worked with some of the world's leading organizations for over 25 years to provide benefit administration and outsourcing to over five million participants across the globe.
- Previous pensions experience
- Previous governance and pensions secretarial experience is advantageous
- A keen eye for detail
- Confident self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and an ability to effectively prioritise work across multiple client relationships
- Professional delivery
- An ability to convey technical issues clearly in written form
- Flexibility with the ability to work under tight timescales without diluting the quality of work
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.