Job Title: Governance and Assurance Officer
Location: Cwmbran, South Wales
Salary: £27,266 to £31,682 per annum
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 2nd February 2018
Interview Date: Monday 12th February 2018
The organisation exists to improve the lives of people living in Torfaen. They are an ambitious organisation and pride themselves on delivering excellent services to local people.
They are about to launch our new Corporate Plan and to help them achieve their vision they are looking for a Governance Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Strategic Management Team, their Boards and Committees to provide them with the support they need to be successful in their roles. You will promote accountability and transparency across the organisation and will work with the Business Assurance Partner to promote the highest standards of governance. You will also be involved in developing and reviewing processes to ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
Flexible and adaptable, you'll thrive under pressure. You'll have extensive knowledge and experience of carrying out company secretarial functions including servicing committees and minute taking. You will need to work flexibility as some evening work will be required. You'll have excellent attention to detail, be able to proof read quickly and have experience of providing a professional service to individuals working at all levels in the organisation.
If this sounds like you then they'd love to hear from you.
They know the importance of good quality employees. They have high expectations but in return you can expect a generous benefits package. The organisation is Investors in People accredited.
- To support the highest standards of governance across the organisation by developing and reviewing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- To ensure the organisation is well governed, taking responsibility for:
- Providing sound corporate governance advice and facilitating the delivery of an effective business assurance function
- Ensuring effective corporate policies and procedures are in place as detailed in the Standing Orders
- Supporting the Board, Senior Management Team and any Committees to make key decisions, to deliver our strategic aims, based on their understanding of their governance responsibilities, and the prevailing legal and regulatory climate
- Supporting the implementation of the corporate governance and assurance framework
- To provide a professional governance service which is efficient and effective and ensures compliance with the organisation's Rules, Standing Orders and the Intra Group Agreement
- Manage and support the development of corporate standards and general governance administration providing advice and support to other administrators to ensure consistency and quality of service delivery is maintained
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing sector in Wales
- A governance related qualification or experience of working in a governance role
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of governance frameworks within a regulated sector
- Experience of developing and delivering a company secretary support role in a regulated business area
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and effectively influence, advise, and support people throughout the organisation
- Ability to develop and deliver corporate standards and information management systems
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for a link to the application pack
Candidates with the relevant experience and job titles of; Governance and Assurance Officer, Compliance Manager, Housing Assurance Officer, Governance Officer, Governance and Assurance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Assurance Manager, Governance Project Manager, Assurance and Compliance Manager, Assurance Coordinator, Governance Coordinator, Housing Assurance Manager will be considered for this role.
- Compliance Officer
- Compliance Manager
- Governance Officer
- Compliance Assurance Manager
- Governance and Assurance Officer
- Housing Assurance Officer
- Governance and Assurance Manager
- Governance Project Manager
- Assurance and Compliance Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job