Are you a junior to Mid Level DevOps Engineer?
How would you like to be part of a company that puts so much importance on open source projects (for their own sake!) that they allow their whole tech team to take every Friday afternoon off to work on their own personal projects, on the company's time?
This is a multi-award winning Shoreditch based tech company, a startup that has scaled up successfully and whilst it is now fairly well established (around 50 strong), still retains the feel of a startup and continues to go from strength to strength?
There are challenges facing the infrastructure team. These are all the right kind of challenges though - all to do with growth and having to scale up the infrastructure to cope with burgeoning demand from high profile clients. There is therefore a huge amount of greenfield projects for you to get your teeth into. We're talking about moving towards immutable infrastructure. We're talking about building and automating completely new production environments and working with varied & interesting tech such as Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud, Terraform, Ansible.
You will be part of a drive to transform the way in which their development team build and deploy software. You will also be valued member of a DevOps centre of excellence, sharing in their enthusiasm for open source tech (and being active in the open source community at large such as going to conferences and contributing to projects) and championing DevOps culture and best practice.
What the tech looks like: Linux servers, Ruby, Puppet, Linux, php, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Terraform, Chef, MongoDB, Python, NodeJs, Go, Hashicorp, Immutable infrastructure, Infrastructure as code, continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Meaningful share in the business.
- Health insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working / working from home
- 'Wellness' budget - gym membership, massages etc…
- Extremely strong professional development ethos - investing massively in training and development. Every individual has a budget for conferences, training, courses etc…
- Work with some of the best in the industry - you'll be under the tutelage of a senior DevOps Engineer who is very well regarded.
- Nice working environment - Cool, modern office in Shoreditch equipped with a pool table!
- Every Friday you get the whole afternoon to work on personal projects on the company's time!
- Working from home up to 2 days a week
This is a great opportunity for an aspirational Linux/DevOps professional to step up into a key role in a company that really combines the best of both worlds - resources and stability of a medium sized tech company but with all the fun, excitement and meaningful projects of a startup. You'll be working in a team of developers and other DevOps, contribute to the road map going forward and build & optimise the infrastructure to ensure that the development team work as efficiently as possible. Even if you're not the 100% finished product it's worth applying for as they have a very supportive culture.
Ideally you will have at least one year's commercial experience as either a Linux System Administrator, DevOps Engineer or a related role. However please do not rule yourself out if you feel you've not got quite enough experience - our client is keen to consider passionate junior candidates too!