Do you have experience working as a goods in inspector?
Would you like to work for a leading, global organisation?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Crewe Manufacturing Facility for a full time (38 hours per week) Goods Inwards Inspector to join our team.
This is an initial 6 month contract but has the potential to be extended or made into a permanent position.
The Goods Inward Inspector will be responsible for carrying out an inspection of all supplied parts into the company.
This role will also include the measurement of internally manufactured parts and verification externally received product to support the creation and verification of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) significant/critical characteristics.
There will be a requirement to complete occasional Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI)
Some of the main tasks will include:
- To carry out Goods Inward inspection for all component parts entering the company ensuring compliance to design specification and contractual requirements.
- Report progress regularly on the assigned tasks, highlighting where agreed target dates are not going to be met.
- To interpret engineering drawings and models to enable inspector to measure product and reports to be generated.
- To identify and record any non-conformances to specification requirements.
- To generate internal measurement reports.
- To review all external dimensional reports to ensure they have been completed to the required standard and that they are fully compliant to the relevant specification requirements.
- To produce and maintain accurate inspection records.
- Control defective items via documentation and segregation from good product.
- Raise and maintain relevant non-conformance (NCR) reports.
- Adhere to all instructional and Health & Safety guidelines for the use of equipment, to maintain a safe work environment.
Inspector | Goods in | Quality | Dimensional | Inward Inspection | NCR | Engineering
- Must be competent in the use of hand measuring equipment.
- Strong team work background.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical know-how/proficiency.
- Accuracy and orderliness.
- Good communication skills.
- Conscientious and hardworking individual and has the ability to work effectively in a fast moving environment, whilst maintaining accuracy at all times.
- Experience of working in a Quality/Engineering environment.
- Experience of reading and understanding detailed mechanical drawings essential.
- Computer Literate with use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and use of MRP or ERP systems would be an advantage.
We are one of the largest manufacturers of vacuum pumps, blowers, and compressors in the world. Our products are at the forefront of vacuum and overpressure technology.
Our product range offers the largest selection of industrial vacuum pumps available in the world today. We can draw on more than 50 years of experience and expertise in vacuum system manufacturing and can provide custom-made solutions for any kind of vacuum application.
Our customers have always been central to our activities since the company was founded in 1963. Today, with 57 subsidiaries in 39 countries and sales agents in over 30 countries, we can provide sound advice and practical support directly at our customers' location.
In return, you will receive a first class package of which we are very flexible on as the most important criteria is getting the right person!!
- Competitive salary dependant on skills and experience
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Discounted health care scheme
- Free parking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job