Goods in Operative / Goods in Assistant, Burgess Hill, up to £16,341 per annum, forlift allowance if applicable.
We are looking for a dedicated Goods in Operative to join our busy warehouse in Burgess Hill. The Goods in Assistant will be key to the smooth running of the goods in department. Receiving and booking in client stock in accordance with SLA. Supporting and assisting with stock control of client product. Active involvement with continuous improvement projects.
ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick, pack and ship service for online businesses.
Awarded UKWA Warehouse company of the year 2017 ILG plans continued growth through expanded services across the UK and beyond while maintaining its focus on people and quality. We are an ambitious fast paced growing business securing Sussex Company of the Year 2016. We are looking for motivated, talented, adaptive and energetic individuals to come and join the ILG Team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work in close liaison with customer service team, sales and externally with clients and transport organisations in order to organise and maintain the incoming delivery schedule
- Receive stock, check and enter on the Goods-In log
- For specified clients take stock to relevant Team Leader to complete Goods-In process
- For other customers put stock in designated area in Goods-In to await booking in
- Ensuring that stock being booked in is in accordance with the delivery manifest.
- Put stock away in the correct location.
- Ensure that any ILG deliveries taken are communicated to the correct contact
- Ensure that any goods leaving the warehouse are signed for and the paperwork passed to the Customer Service team
- As required, assist with general warehouse duties, working from picking lists, to fulfil, pack and dispatch client orders in accordance with SLA
- Carry out all activities in a manner that promotes safety to yourself and your colleagues. Ensure aware of health and safety procedures and highlight any risks to warehouse manager or H&S officer
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Basic IT skills and demonstrates and ability to learn our bespoke warehousing IT system
- Previous experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- An awareness of the importance of health and safety in a warehousing environment
- Can demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Warehouse experience (desirable)
- Fork lift experience (desirable)
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday.
- Birthday Leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Parking on site
- Dedicated platform for learning and development and twice yearly salary review opportunities
- Social Events
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks.
40 hour week, 5 days out of 7 varying Monday through Sunday.
Click apply now to submit your application.
- Stock Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job