Due to an increasing work load in all departments, a role has become available for a Warehouse Assistant / GMP Laboratory Technician.
The job will entail the following:
- Unpacking and allocating chemicals/equipment on a daily basis (chemicals to shelves or special storage depending on nature, equipment to equipment stores or nominated member of staff, analytical chemicals to relevant area).
- Report any discrepancies in deliveries (e.g. package contents not matching delivery note or package damage) to purchasing department as soon as possible. Also ensure quantities delivered match those ordered.
- Maintain the chemical shelves, grouping project chemicals together and periodically clearing out old chemicals from finished projects.
- Changing the Drum Solvents.
- Operation under supervision within a GMP compliant environment in an organic chemistry department to manufacture active pharmaceutical intermediates
- Completion and review of GMP documentation
- Analysis and review of analytical data
- Maintaining a satisfactory cleaning regime in all GMP areas following approved practices and procedures
- The general upkeep and monitoring of equipment, areas and supplies
- Other general GMP duties to support the team and allow projects to meet demanding schedules.
The candidate will possess a science related A-Level or equivalent and will require a good degree of organisational skills and the ability to multi task across the different areas within the departments. Good communication skills will also be expected as the role will involve discussions with all other departments.
Full training relevant to the role will be given but a general background in science and an interest in organic synthesis and practical experimentation would be expected.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter.