Global Terrorism Underwriter
Global Terrorism Underwriter
Aon are currently recruiting a Global Terrorism Underwriter to join our International Underwriting team based in Chelmsford. The Global Terrorism Underwriter will be primarily responsible for underwriting business in accordance with delegated underwriting authority International risk, to input significantly to the strategy for the unit, to develop excellent working relationships with insurers, to promote products and services and to support the Underwriting Manager in achieving the business plan/budget.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About Aon Underwriting Managers
AUM undertakes underwriting and claims handling services on behalf of insurers and delivers expertise in specific product ranges or trade sectors. AUM focuses on commercial insurance products across Accident and Health, Property and Casualty, Financial Lines and Marine sectors. AUM fulfils many of the roles of an insurance company - underwrites (evaluates the risks and exposures of potential clients against the insurance covers), prices (determines the premium that is charged to insure that risk), issues policies, mid-term adjustments and renewals and on some facilities, manages the claims handling and settlement.
AUM has an in-depth understanding of the diverse range of solutions that we offer and our insurance products are specially designed and unique to Aon.
About the Role
As a Global Terrorism Underwriter some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Provide quotations for renewals, new business and alterations within delegated underwriting authority and with referral to Underwriting Manager and /or the carrier as required
- Maintain relationships with ARS and GBC and ensure that acceptable service standards are met
- Assist with the personal development of junior underwriting staff and input into guidance and training on technical underwriting issues
- Build strong relationships with insurers to deliver the underwriting strategy
- Meeting agreed service standards of the GBC Team and insurers to bind risks within agreed timescales and ensure that the relevant policies are accurate and issued within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring full compliance with the Delegated Authority from insurers.
- Building an excellent working relationship with the GBC Team.
- Building excellent working relationships with supporting insurers.
- Participate in regular insurer meetings to review progress of the facility.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge and input into technical and commercial market intelligence
- Deputise for the Underwriting Manager and Senior Underwriter as required
- Work with internal and external parties in the development of the company’s business as directed
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Global Terrorism Underwriter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Education:Degree level candidate – DesirableProfessional:CII or partially CII qualified would be an advantageExperience, Knowledge & Skills:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'