Search Scientific is recruiting a Global Technical Service Manager for one of the world's foremost suppliers of aqueous polymers. With 3000 employees based at 25 facilities across the globe, they have an established reputation for helping their customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex.
Position: Global Technical Service Manager
The Global Technical Service Manager will direct technical support to customers and internal contacts for Speciality Vinyl Polymer product lines, covering all aspects such as product recommendations, specification, design issues, complaints whilst ensuring regulator compliance.
* Work across R&D, Production and Sales functions to resolve technical issues and complaints ensuring effective delivery of solutions
* Provide in-depth training/support within the company, distributors and customers, serving as the companies technical and applications expert
* Research market developments and rival products via internal and external sources, and discover how this information can be applied to add value to the business
* Design, initiate, and lead projects for existing and new market segments, using stage-gate processes
* Work with internal functions and external suppliers to ensure effective implementation of projects whilst maintaining effective communications to stakeholders
* Meet existing and potential new customers globally (40% travel) independently or with the business development team to develop new business opportunities, capture customer requirements and outline potential solutions
* Feed into new business development strategy in coordination with the business development team
* Design and provide guidance for the 'technical service work programme' to ensure provision of products/developments meet customers expectations (timescales and objectives)
* Ensure all activities in the area of responsibility comply with relevant SHE regulations
Business Area: Speciality Vinyl Polymers
Location: Essex, UK or North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
Education: chemistry degree
Experience: Substantial (minimum 2 years in a Technical Role)
Relevant PVC Industry experience
With an excellent starting salary with benefits including a company car/car allowance, and performance related bonus, this role offers the opportunity to work with an international company that actively supports innovation.
For more information or to apply, please contact Stephen Davis - / 0044 (0)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- technical manager
- technical services
- united kingdom