Global Technical Delivery Manager
London £85,000 - 95,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a global Law firm based in London. Our client is actively seeking a Global "Technical Delivery Manager" to join them permanently. You will be responsible for the day to day Development and support of Project/ Programme managers to manage development activities across a large portfolio of assignments, and ensure that all technical design documentation is available to support project delivery. Managing the technical teams to coordinate design, development and testing activities on projects alongside Coordinating with 3rd party development resources to ensure smooth delivery of software and solutions.
- To establish suitable development standards and processes, including code control, documentation, best practices, testing methodology and others.
- To lead the development team within Business solutions in the design and development of quality software solutions.
- To lead the design and development of software, both the customisation of 3rd party packages and internal developed products.
- To work with Change Management, Release Management and Service Management operational teams to ensure delivery of software based products is smooth3
- To assist with troubleshooting existing software products as 3rd line support, as needed
- To liaise with the ARB to validate technical designs against policy and roadmap, and to take technical solutions through the appropriate quality and approval processes.
- To ensure security and data policies are followed.
- Strong experience of leading technical resources, including a development team.
- Experience of creating and managing project technical documentation, defining coding standards, testing standards and development methodologies.
- Microsoft stack experience (Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS) and other relevant technology and skills (server specification, user account administration, information security).
- Experience of working in a structured delivery environment, such as Prince2, Agile or other, and exposure to ITIL or other release / change management functions, including managing software releases.
- Development Standards
- Service Management
- Technical Design
- Technical Documentation