Global IT Solutions Company requires a suitably experience Storage Architect for their very well established financial services client based in the heart of the City.
The global estate requires significant redesign to in order to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes. Our client currently use EMC, HP 3PAR, Pure, HDS, Rubrik and Veritas technologies but as they migrate into new datacenters and run major new projects, they are architecting what the future looks like. This will include cloud.
This role needs to define the global storage and backup strategy, and be the technical authority for this vertical. The storage lead will be responsible for the storage and backup platform globally and travel to the regions may be required from time to time.
Global Storage Architect
Contract Length: 3 Months +
Day Rate: Negotiable Day Rate
Location: London, City
· Globally be the lead for all storage and backup architecture & engineering
· Build a global storage and backup strategy and have the ability to execute.
· Work closely with the Head of Engineering and Operations on strategy & execution.
· Work closely with the Head of Global Platforms to ensure the platform delivers the requirements of our main stakeholders.
· Work closely with the Global Database, Unix/Linux and Wintel server Leads to ensure all designs & deployments are globally scalable and supportable.
· Have input to the global Infrastructure platform budget, and be able to plan future activities.
· Ensure a smooth migration of the estate to the new data centers.
· Establish global standards for hardware, software & configuration.
· Maintain high-levels of uptime across the entire storage estate.
· Build a platform, capable of delivering automation at every opportunity.
· In-depth knowledge of a wide range of storage technologies including EMC VMAX, VNX VPLEX, Pure, Rubrik, Data Domain and HP 3PAR storage technologies.
· In-depth knowledge of Cisco and Brocade storage networking technologies.
· In-depth knowledge FC, iSCSI, FCoE and NFS storage protocols.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of data management, data lifecycle, data replication and data migration.
· In-depth knowledge of volume management, backup, monitoring and configuration management software.
· Detailed knowledge of software defined storage, scripting and automation techniques.
· Detailed knowledge and experience of emerging storage technologies.
· Detailed knowledge and experience of building capacity planning and capacity management processes.
· In-depth knowledge of data security and vulnerability based approach to security hardening.