The Regional Senior Engineer will be a member of the global Information Management Center of Excellence team, responsible for providing architecture and design support for the International/EU region. This includes solution architecture review and advisory across the business intelligence, data warehousing and integration capabilities of Interactive Reporting and Data Hub. The position will engage with Regional Architecture and Application Development teams to support delivery of projects and enhancements that align both with regional needs and platform and application standards.
This position will also support development of the best practices and guiding principles required for the consumption of these platforms across the Global Commercial organization.
Strategic platforms and technologies include RedShift, MicroStrategy, Amazon Web Services and various ETL toolsets such as Informatica BDME, SnapLogic.
- Participates global platform governance and demand management processes
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and proactively identifies and drive identification of opportunities to be leveraged across the IM platform
- Partners with the Global Capability team to build out platform road maps that align with IT and Business objectives and provide technical input to business cases, solution designs and toolset evaluation
- Creates and maintains relationships with third party software and service suppliers to provide strategic and innovative technology applications aligned with AstraZeneca business needs
- Ensures infrastructure and application lifecycle maintenance needs are identified and managed
- Works with Platform Architects and Commercial Enterprise Architecture to define business applications, ensuring their alignment with business strategies and priorities, as well as expected target benefits
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree level education in computer science or similar information technology
- Significant experience in an Information Services/Information Technology environment with good business acumen
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Evidence of leading, shaping and designing innovative applications and driving any changes
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Expert in application design patterns and processes
- Expert in Continuous Integration and Deployment methods delivered as part of an agile team
- Expertise in BI toolsets, specifically MicroStrategy
- Expertise in data warehousing and advanced analytics
- Experience with AWS/Cloud architecture and toolsets, focus on RedShift
- Expertise in ETL languages and tools such as, Informatica, SnapLogic and other open source offerings
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of the external market
- Demonstrate initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job