Global Real Estate Coordinator role based in London.
The purpose of the position is to ensure critical dates are met and actioned, documentation/records are maintained/updated, lease/rental/agreements actioned and tenant’s covenants are met. The role supports the wider business from an real estate perspective acting as point of contact for all internal/external/landlord RE enquiries and delivering the accountabilities as listed below:
• Maintain the real estates critical dates register ensuring regular notification of upcoming events ensuring action has been taken.
• Provide notifications on critical dates to safeguard the business from incurring lease/agreement extensions and excess costs.
• Update and maintain an accurate tenancy information database for the Global Real Estate portfolio ensuring changes are updated, circulated and actioned.
• Project support and coordination for relocations, office feasibility exercises, new offices, fit outs and closures.
• Provide regular reporting to the COO, RE Steering Committee business on the RE portfolio and its financial performance.
• Financial support for the Real Estate portfolio to include but not limited to requisition and payment of rental, business rates and service charges.
• Support lease/tenancy agreement negotiation including renewals and rent reviews.
• Challenge and validation of service charge and business rate costs.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with landlords and property agents.
• Hosting Regular Real Estate steering committee meetings.
• Updating and reporting on office utilisation/headcount.
• Updating of central intranet based office/city guides.
• Feasibility support for commercial bids/project sites.
• Support the annual building and contents insurance consolidation and renewals exercise.
• Support the annual RE budget and forecasting exercise.
The right person for this role will have:
• Experience of delivering to client briefs, on time and on budget.
• Commercial experience; ideally client or market-facing. Experience of working in a revenue-focused environment as a minimum.
• A flair for digital marketing – in particular email nurture campaigns, Linked In and Twitter optimisation
• Previous experience with Marketo and Episerver platforms desirable.
• Solid project/campaign management skills essential – from brief to evaluation.
• An interest in Transport, Travel and Logistics - a bonus.
• Great interpersonal skills; focused on relationship management.
Position Requirements • Experience in the management of lease renewals/rent reviews/rate appeals/service charge challenges.
• Full understanding of the negotiation process aligned to lease arrangements.
• Knowledge of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
• BSc in Land / Estate Management or similar degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 year experience in similar role managing a commercial property portfolio.
• A strong communicator who is self-motivated, confident and with gravitas.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure key stakeholders’ expectations are managed accordingly.
• Networking skills to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships.