Based in Nottinghamshire, my client is searching for a Global Procurement Lead for its Manufacturing and Production site.
My client is a global, blue chip player in its particular field, and a fabulous organisation to join. Having recruited for the extensively over the past four years, I've had numerous very happy reports of placed candidates there. They're recent merged with another large organisation to create a vast global colossus and they boast a very appealing list of clients.
A selection of key responsibilities is detailed below:
- Ownership of select supplier relationships to ensure performance to the business
- Key day to day point of contact with specified suppliers
- Support site personnel in resolution of problems with specified material suppliers, elevating to higher levels within organization (Global Planner, Global Procurement Manager…) and the Supplier organisation when required to obtain the required outcome
- Coordinate purchasing with other corporate buyers, purchase contracts and purchase
agreements, distribution, procurement services or activities to limit costs and improve
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to professionally
develop effective internal & external relationships
- Understand and comply with all site safety rules, company policies and quality policy
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on
purchasing activities, involve supply chain when necessary. Cooperate with production
- Support qualifications working with internal resites team and in collaboration with supplier
- Support Sales and Operations Planning Process
Based in Nottinghamshire, the successful candidate for the Global Procurement Lead will typically have a good selection of the following attributes:
- BA/BS Degree in supply chain, business, engineering or related area. MBA a plus.
- Related experience with good understanding of purchasing laws, contracts, procedures and techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills are required.
- Experience in cross-functional / cross-business team environment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills at all levels of personnel
- Proven experience in Operations and / or Supply Chain in a day-to-day business execution environment
- Strong communication skills orally, written, and presentation
- Knowledge and understanding of products, raw materials and supply chain
The Global Procurement Lead pays a very strong interim day rate. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Global Procurement Lead