Scapa is a global supplier of bonding solutions and manufacturer of adhesive-based products for the Healthcare and Industrial markets. We have a wide reaching global footprint, with 19 manufacturing and operations facilities in 10 countries across Europe, North and South America and Asia.
At Scapa, our focus is on creating value for our customers and we apply a deep understanding of our markets, from over 80 years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
We take an entrepreneurial approach, and everything we do is underpinned by our principles: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect and Fulfilment. Our philosophy allows our employees the freedom to create value for the business, our customers, stakeholders and communities.
This role is essential in delivering procurement-based competitive advantages across Scapa Group plc through the identification and execution of P&L and working capital savings opportunities, delivery of procurement best practice and processes, supplier management and New Product Development activities.
The role will focus primarily upon Substrates, Outsourced and Packaging Category, and they will be responsible for driving strategic sourcing excellence across this category and across the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, manage and implement a Category procurement strategy for the Substrates, Outsourced and Packaging purchases, including appropriate market analysis, selection of sourcing strategy, negotiating, contracting and managing supplier relationships. Ensure business and site alignment, through proactive engagement with the relevant Site Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Drive through and deliver year-on-year savings in terms of the Company P&L, net working capital and supply chain optimisation, and the growth through R&D/Innovation.
- Design and implement sustainable supply chains, ensuring continuity of supply and optimisation of lead times, MOQs, inventory and other key supply chain parameters.
- Drive through Procurement best practice, tools and techniques across the Scapa facilities, coaching and developing Site Procurement Managers as appropriate and develop sustainable relationships with the Site Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Evaluate and monitor key commodity market dynamics and trends. Proactively provide relevant and timely information to key stakeholders to enable appropriate decision making.
- Develop and manage a strategic Supplier relationship management programme, identifying and delivering appropriate challenging supply chain KPIs.
- Eliminate risk and optimise opportunities in all dealings with external suppliers and supply chains, whilst ensuring adherence to the Scapa code of conduct and corporate social responsibility.
- Provide all appropriate Procurement support to R&D, Scapa production sites, Commercial teams and other key stakeholders in New Product Development (NPD), product substitutions and other growth opportunities
- Across the Global sites, support the visibility and P&L/cash opportunities on packaging and other key factory consumables
- Across the Global sites, support the visibility and P&L / cash opportunities across the on the Site Utilities spend
- Must have proven skills in communication, negotiation and initiative as well as proven success in communicating and operating with a Global and Matrix organisation.
- Must be a proven leader in the development of procurement and supply chain tools, techniques and practices.
- Must be engaging with a professional hard-work ethic that embraces challenges and change. Will also need to be tenacious, tough and when required, assertive in the pursuit of spend reduction objectives.
- Must clearly work well as part of a team balancing the need to engage with and support operating management whilst keeping clearly in mind the need to act in the wider interests of the Group as a whole. Diplomacy is essential.
- You must have significant experience of 'handson’ Global sourcing (not through 3rd parties), preferably focusing on chemicals and other commodity sourcing.
- Must be of graduate calibre, ideally with a degree in Business, Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Should have CIPs or other professional purchasing qualifications.
- Proven ability in the development and implementation of procurement and supply chain "best in class" tools, techniques and practices.
- Must have a proven track record in delivering results and achieving cost savings and improvements in other supply chain metrics.
- Experience and knowledge of associated manufacturing processes i.e. extrusion technologies, calendering etc. would be beneficial.
- This role controls a significant spend and will have high visibility at board and shareholder level, so experience gained within a corporate environment at a senior level is required.
Your details will be treat with the strictest confidence and be held in accordance within GDPR regulations and not be shared with any 3rd parties.
- Cost Reduction
- Supplier Rationalization
- Supplier Relationship Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'