Global Medicines Development-Transformation Leader: Digital, Automation and Process Re-design
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2018
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re demonstrating we are a new kind of organisation, resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can do and following the science. We’re continually exploring new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge approaches and bringing diverse teams together to deliver exceptional results which are changing the way diseases are treated.
At AstraZeneca, we don't follow the crowd and we don’t expect our people to either. To develop life-changing medicines and make a difference to patients we approach problems in a different way – agile and nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries and accelerate the development and launch of new medicines.
Global Medicines Development is one of the largest organisation in AstraZeneca with 4300 employees, working in more than 40 countries globally.
We started our transformation journey in 2016, launching a new operating model to optimize our drug development activities, which is already achieving significant benefits, including simpler, streamlined ways of working and productivity improvements.
Now we are further accelerating our transformation efforts to ensure we leverage the best in new technology and leading-edge capabilities to keep us at the forefront of future drug development.
To support this, we are establishing a GMD Transformation Office to drive the programme of work.
The transformation programme is sponsored by the Chief Medical Officer of AstraZeneca and will change the way we run late stage programmes, with high visibility across senior leaders in AstraZeneca.
The Transformation Leader: Digital, Automation and Process Re-design role reports directly to the VP Transformation and will be critical for the overall success, key priorities within this role include:
- Designing customer centric solutions and customer champion role, customers including patients, investigators, regulators, partners and employees
- This role will lead a team which will work across the entire GMD organisation to review processes and as is status and drive a step change in efficiency, speed and quality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and lead a team working across GMD end to end
- Drive methodology and structure for process redesign and integration across GMD, trial of the future becoming a reality
- Lead customer centric implementation of solutions, including involving customers as part of the process redesign
- Build digital capability in clinical trials
- Review and prioritise areas for automation across GMD to drive the greatest benefit
- Develop the re-designing of new process across planning to phase III ID, clinical regulatory and safety, drive with teams the implementation together with IT of solutions and ensure change management of the area is embedded working together with other parts of the programme
- Drive benefits of the transformation as agreed as part of the business case
- Prioritise areas of focus based on benefits and impact across GMD, work with the teams on an integrated plan for delivery
- Manage risk and issues of the transformation
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Significant experience leading digital transformational change within complex, matrix organizations
Extensive leadership skills and influencing skills at executive level
Proven history of delivering significant value to organisations through change
Prior experience on driving truly global change programmes
Significant knowledge and experience on process re-design at transformational level
Strong IT/ digital programme experience
Organizational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships
We’re looking for someone who is organisationally “savvy”, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, with a strong bias for action and results, and an unwavering commitment to "do the right thing”.
To succeed in this role you must; be able to demonstrate a passion for the optimization and simplification of the data collection supply chain in clinical, through the end to end processes. Set the vision and foster a culture for continuous improvement at a macro level, ensuring the disciple of “getting things done”. Setting up teams and stakeholders with the tools and processes to be successful.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job