Role and Responsibilities:
As a member of the corporate IT support team, the IT Support Technician is responsible for day to day oversight and administration of Dorchester Collection infrastructure and the third party providers that deliver support for the physical and virtualised infrastructure. The IT Support Technician will ensure that all systems are configured and supported in such a way as to maximise availability of systems. The position is also responsible for providing support to help desk team members and some end users directly supported by Dorchester Collection corporate office IT department.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Systems Administration - Use monitoring tools to monitor Infrastructure systems ensuring they operate in an optimised manner. Configure and maintain alerts and conduct preventative maintenance for the support desk team.
- Analytics and Reporting - Provide reporting and documentation to management in reference to the infrastructure.
- Project Delivery - Support Dorchester Collection IT management in the delivery of new systems and projects to enhance the infrastructure. Contribute to the takeover and delivery of hotel projects internationally.
- Support reference for DC IT - Provide support to Dorchester Collection corporate office users; other related Dorchester Collection businesses and the other members of the corporate IT helpdesk team
- Support reference for hotel IT - Provide 3rd level support reference point to hotel IT teams for issues relating to centralised infrastructure.
- Incident Management - When incidents occur with centralised infrastructure, provide incident management communication and participate as required until the incident is resolved. Provide hotels with direction during emergency situations in order to establish root cause.
- Any of the following certifications are an advantage: VCA, CCA, ITIL, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA
- VMware administration
- Citrix administration
- Firewall administration / management
- Network administration / monitoring
- Basic understanding of IP telephony
Functional Skills, Knowledge
- 2 years experience working as a support technician/engineer with a focus on system administration, virtualisation, Citrix, networking, and wireless technology.
- Administration of virtualised infrastructure a key advantage
- Networking protocols and routing
- Understanding of LAN, WAN & Wireless networking technologies
- Knowledge of server and desktop hardware
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office365 administration
- Ability to travel internationally from time to time
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
Inspiring People Engagement
- Leading Employees
- Participative Management
- Building and Mending Relationships
Inspiring Guest Engagement
- Straight Forwardness and Composure
- Change Management
- Doing Whatever it Takes
Inspiring Performance Excellence
- Credible and Trustworthy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job