DORCHESTER COLLECTION OVERVIEW
We work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience of Dorchester Collection and the hotels within it. It is, after all, our people that bring our vision to life. As a member of our Dorchester Collection Family, we will support your development by nurturing your personality, creating a transparent culture of trust collaboration and appreciation. Supported by our annual personal development planning, tailored learning opportunities and our Academy programs you will be a part of creating a bespoke experience.
Treasured by guests. Cherished by employees. Celebrated worldwide.
As an employee, you are expected to provide our guests with a bespoke and memorable experience measured to the highest standards of quality and service delivery. Additionally the execution of your position will be in accordance to our company policies, standards and procedures.
Our company values are the fundamental spirit on how we reach our goals. As an ambassador of Dorchester Collection you will be entrusted with our values and expected to further enrich our We Care culture: Passion - Personality - Respect - Working Together - Creativity
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and please be advised that the duties and responsibilities may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer responsible for day to day oversight and management of Dorchester Collection infrastructure and the third party providers that deliver support for the physical and virtualised infrastructure. The Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer will ensure that all systems are configured and supported in such a way as to maximise availability of systems. Supporting the technical delivery of projects is a key part of this role.
Key activities include:
Systems Administration - Use monitoring tools to monitor Infrastructure systems ensuring they operate in an optimised manner. Configure and maintain alerts and conduct preventative maintenance for the support desk technicians.
Analytics and Reporting - Provide reporting and documentation to management in reference to the infrastructure. Recommend technology changes to management from analytics produced.
Project Delivery - Support Dorchester Collection IT Management in the delivery of new systems and projects to enhance the infrastructure. Contribute to the takeover and delivery of new hotel projects internationally.
Support reference for DC IT - Provide support to Dorchester Collection corporate office users and the other members of the corporate IT helpdesk team
Support reference for hotel IT - Provide 3rd level support reference point to hotel IT teams for issues relating to centralised infrastructure.
Incident Management - When incidents occur with centralised infrastructure, provide incident management communication and participate as required until the incident is resolved. Provide hotels with direction during emergency situations in order to establish root cause.
QUAIFICATIONS & DESIRABLES
- Vocational qualifications or University / College degree or diploma in Computing/Information Systems
- Experience working as a lead / third level support technician/engineer with a focus on system administration, virtualisation, Citrix, networking, and cloud technologies.
- Administration of virtualised infrastructure a key advantages
- Knowledge of Azure and Office365 management
- Networking protocols and routing
- LAN & WAN networking technologies
- Wireless guest networking and wireless control systems.
- Knowledge of server and desktop hardware
- Understanding of hotel guest room technologies is an advantage
- Ability to travel internationally from time to time
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
Experience working with the following technologies an advantage:
- Citrix administration
- Firewall administration / management
- Network administration / monitoring
- Basic understanding of IP telephony is an advantage
- Competence with ITIL-based incident, problem and change management
Any of the following certifications are an advantage: VCA, CCA, ITIL, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'