This is a great opportunity for a Global Health & Safety Manager to join a market leading manufacturing business covering 16 global manufacturing sites from their flagship facility in Hampshire.
My client is a global market leading manufacturing business in Hampshire and are looking for a Global Health & Safety Manager.
The Global Health & Safety Manager will provide safety coordination, support and advice across the division and process expertise on a variety of health and safety sub-functions as well as project leadership. Process ownership of safety system, health & safety culture, metrics and incident reviews, wellness initiatives and miscellaneous projects as assigned. Responsibilities:
- Hazard identification / risk assessment management framework.
- Integrate best practices from across business locations.
- Establish a mapping to external certification(s) for non-certified sites to ensure safe work systems.
- Creation of safety behaviours for cascading to management and employees.
- Implement escalation process for critical events (i.e. near misses, lost time injuries).
- Imbed awareness and ownership for safety at all levels of the organisation.
- Generate health and safety training and education program for employees.
- Design and deploy (revised) set of metrics globally.
- Develop framework for review and action on metrics and data.
- Create (or source) data intake tool for regular review and reporting with a value-add data analysis output file for actioning at the operating level.
- Devise regular communications plan for planned topics, as well as cascading of information related to critical events, developments or legislative / industry matters.
- Work with the sites to roll out an ISO 45001 compliant occupational health management system
- Research, propose and run an appropriate employee assistance style program, considering local dynamics needs and practice.
- Create template plan for operating company wellness campaign, providing support to ensure local initiatives launch.
- Tertiary or vocational qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety / Safety Engineering or a related discipline (essential).
- Graduate qualifications (desired).
- Professional membership / certification with health and safety industrial body (strongly desired).
- Strong exposure to multinational business with matrix organisational structure.
- Knowledge with multi-site (essential) and international business (strongly desired) process.
- Knowledge of safety, environmental and occupational health standards, e.g. OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- knowledge of manufacturing sector-related health and safety best practices.
- Complex problem solving, including those in different geographical legislative and regulatory frameworks/jurisdictions.
60,000 - 70,000 + benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"