At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
The main focus of the Global Freight Planner - UK Industrial Exports is on the start to completion for all UK Import and Export traffic for specific customer. The role will involve liaising with UK customer and their worldwide suppliers.
Based on instruction or purchase orders received from customers, the Global Freight PLanner - UK Industrial Exports will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required timeframe. This will involve receiving instructions by email or phone, booking shipments with Air Lines and Shipping Lines, creating Airway-Bills, Bills of Lading, Dock receipt's, tracking shipments, updating systems and excel spreadsheets, loading consignment costs from agreed rate structures on to business software and invoicing customer. Dealing with UK customs and completing entries to HMRC with accuracy of detail.
The role is based at our head office in Chineham with an on site car park, canteen and local shops within a short drive. The shift pattern for this opportunity is between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday and includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, pension and 25 days holiday.
- Management of shipments through worldwide supply chains (UK-US-UK-JP-UK-CN) Principally DG cargo.
- Export & Import document creation, validation, consolidation and distribution
- Communication of instructions to Service providers
- Communication of Pre-advice to customers and agents
- UK Customs formalities for both imports and exports
- Transport organisation for domestic and European movements
- Customer delivery booking
- Documentation checking for accuracy
- Original document Receipt & Distribution
- Progress and Information Status Updates
- Exceptions - responding to exceptions and alerts. Resolution or escalation to appropriate person.
- Consolidation load planning
- Full responsibility for invoicing and costing for all shipments
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times (Suppliers, truckers, ports, shipping lines, airlines, customs brokers, transhipment points, freight agents etc.)
- Ensure effective communications within Global Freight team
What will you need to succeed?
- Thorough knowledge of Air-freight, Ocean freight, import and export, including experience of all related documentation such as AWBs, BOLs
- Experience working with overseas agents/vendors
- Ideally come from a Freight forwarding background or 3PL/4PL experience
- Previous experience dealing with HMRC, customers, traffic and regulations
- Desirably experience with Dangerous goods, however full training will be provided
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Innovative and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication - Clear & concise (Dealing with non native speakers)
- Customer focused
- Good team player
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
- Tenacity and accuracy
Things to consider: Our operation has very demanding time constraints so we would require some flexibility with working hours. We operate 24/7 and various shift patterns are in place to meet our demand. This current opportunity is for our day shift, between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer and attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, hospital plan, and 25 days annual leave.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist's solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco and Morrisons.