At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership. We recognise that the key to our success is our people.
For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As a Global Freight Planner - International Road Freight your main focus within this role is in the coordination and execution of PO Management and Road freight movements in a "Control Tower" environment.
Based on instruction and purchase orders received, the Global Freight Planner will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required time frame.
The role is based at our head office in Chineham with an on site car park, canteen and local shops within a short drive. The shift pattern for this opportunity is 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday and includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, pension and 25 days holiday.
- Arranging European road freight movements through to destination
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods
- Management of shipments through supply chain
- Ensuring all PO items are available by ready date
- End to end PO Management
- Tracking shipments
- Updating online tracking tool
- Troubleshooting problems
- Communication to supply chain parties (and customer)
- Raising accruals, invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times (Suppliers, truckers, customs brokers, transhipment points, freight agents etc.)
- Ensure effective communications within Global Freight team
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience of freight forwarding environment
- Excellent understanding of freight process (steps from end to end)
- Experience of European road activities
- Import and export
- Experience of freight documentation (e.g. CMR and BOLs)
- Customs process understanding
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Customer focus
- Problem solving/Analytical
- Good team player
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
- Working with overseas agents/third parties
Things to consider: Our operation has very demanding time constraints so we would require some flexibility with working hours. We operate 24/7 and various shift patterns are in place to meet our demand. The shift pattern for this opportunity is 7:00am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, hospital plan, and 25 days annual leave.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist's solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco and Morrisons.