About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Outsourcing (OTS) the role is for an initial 6-month secondment to design, build and operate a central function to prepare financial statements for international clients of the Global Compliance and Reporting Services (GCRS) team. This will be undertaken on dedicated third party software and will build on the business case approved in October 2018 by the firm’s OMB. The objective of the unit will be to prepare as close as to complete international financial statements as possible that require minimal further review from the RSM member firm before local approval and signature.
About the company and department:
RSM is regarded as one of the most progressive and entrepreneurial professional services firms in the UK today. We are the UK’s 7th largest accounting firm, employing nearly 3,500 people in over 35 offices across the UK. We are members of RSM International, the 6th largest global accounting network with over 128 member and correspondent firms in 120 countries, and in excess of 38,000 people worldwide.
Our GCRS team provides multi-country clients with a seamless, single point of contact access to the firm’s global network by co-ordinating the local country delivery of regulatory compliance services such as direct tax compliance and reporting, management and financial accounting, local statutory audit and local payroll. The single point of contact is located in a Project Management Office (PMO) in Milton Keynes.
Having successfully implemented a Global VAT compliance service delivering centralised UK based VAT compliance services for our international client base we are looking to further expand our global service offering options for clients through the addition of both an international bookkeeping centre and a centre for the preparation of international financial statements. This integrated offering will sit as an alternative for highly centralised clients who are looking for a highly automated, standardised and centralised delivery model.
The initial feasibility of this project has been undertaken and we have an approved business case and technology strategy. The next phase is to build the model with a view for this to be fully operational by end of FY2019. It is intended that the secondment period will straddle the set up and build and move into the operational phase.
About the person:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who would like to embark on taking this project to the next phase, taking ownership of the strategy, planning and implementation of our financial statements preparation project in conjunction with the UK Head of Outsourcing.
The role consists of two defined phases – planning and set up followed by implementation and testing.
- Planning & set up:
- Reviewing the scoping and pricing models based on the process flows developed in the business case.
- Conducting a critical analysis of the business case model through walk-through with key stakeholders including ABA teams, finance function consultants and TR contacts to test for the correct application of technical and process issues.
- Refining the proposed people model, scoping and pricing tools and technology feasibility.
- Understanding the licensing model with TR.
- Assisting in recruitment of interim or secondee resource to prepare financial statements in the implementation and testing phase.
- Undertaking further detailed competitor analysis and defining areas of differentiation.
- Work with the Head of Outsourcing to determine final location for the centre.
- Developing a project plan for implementation.
- Implementation and testing
- Co-ordinating the software implementation including the development of country by country templates.
- Acting as the main contact point for software provider during the test period.
- Migrating of 1-2 trial clients onto new model across a limited number of mainstream jurisdictions and testing in parallel with the current member firm model; assessing real versus planned costings (bearing in mind relevant learning curve), opportunities for process refinement and additional technical challenges.
- Testing the proposed model for technical reporting and local GAAP issues and adapting accordingly.
- Securing a full sign off from the National Risk Team.
- Finalising relevant job specifications, scoping, pricing process flow tools and supporting the recruitment process.
- Developing the market proposition for OTS and liaising with marketing on the design and development of materials and media.
- Managing the relationship flows between RSM UK and RSM member firms for sign off of financial statements.
- Finalise the recommendation to proceed.
Team Leader Functions:
- Managing and supervising a team responsible for a portfolio of clients and ensuring the provision of the highest quality financial reporting outputs provided to member firms.
- Acting as the main contact point for software provider
- Following and refining the standard process for statutory accounts production including the review of multi- jurisdiction statutory accounts under local GAAP.
- Liaising with RSM member firms to ensure timely review and sign off the financial statements
- Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to clients on repeat and ad hoc areas.
- Mentoring and training junior staff in the team.
- Building relationships with key clients and GCRS team members as part of key account management.
- Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
- Driving awareness of the market proposition across the UK firm including its integration within GCRS and GVAT.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'