I am working with a FTSE 100 Multinational IMI business who are looking for a qualified accountant to join their business as a Finance Manager in the Digital Finance team. The team is responsible for all financial reporting in the UK and for the international businesses.
The successful candidate will report in to the Head of Finance for Global Digital with the overall team reporting to the Digital CFO.
As a business Digital has become very important and a core part of the business in the UK and is now growing internationally so the exposure will be significant in this position.
The Finance Manager role will involve co-ordinating and liaising across the businesses finance and digital teams to build robust financial reporting to support senior leadership across Global digital and the Group. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to provide financial input and challenge to evaluate the global digital change programme, and support financial modelling in business cases.
We are looking for someone who can think strategically and can demonstrate excellent financial and commercial acumen. You will need to be comfortable working through ambiguity and managing a number of stakeholders. The role requires strong communication skills and relationship management.
- Working as part of a flexible central team to deliver the following:
- Preparing Global Digital month end reporting to support Global Digital Executive, International Steering Group and Digital CFO. This includes working with the markets to report, challenge and provide business insight on the key trading, financial and operational KPIs that will inform decision making to achieve plan and ambition.
- Enhancing the monthly reporting through Anaplan and ensuring the process is automated, robust and simplified by populating from the existing financial reporting tools and systems used in the markets where possible.
- Supporting, as required, with the reporting and management of all costs across Global Digital.
- Preparing Global Digital 3 year financial plan for delivery to the Global Digital Exec, and support Group FP&A teams
- Supporting the Global Digital budgeting and forecasting processes and helping to embed a wider performance management framework for Group Digital
- Providing financial input and challenge to evaluate digital and direct propositions and support financial modelling in business cases for submission.
- To build good understand of the local market digital strategies
- To own the relationships with the finance teams in the local markets and build strong working relationships across the Global Digital community providing all finance support as required.
- Adherence to all financial control policies and procedures and conduct/compliance regimes
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified accountant/actuary - 0 to 2 years post qualified
- Excellent financial analysis skills as well as solid commercial awareness
- Life/General Insurance knowledge (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of Anaplan (desired)
- Ability to think creatively and drive innovative solutions
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Excellent planning / organising skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation along with good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations to add value to the business
- Proactive problem-solving