Global Consolidation role, covering 4 regions for an international pharmaceutical company
Strong handover available from current incumbent who is moving internally
The company is a fantastic international listed pharmaceutical business. They have an excellent track record of hiring strong talent and developing them through the organisation. The corporate head office is based in the US, but this role will sit within the UK Finance team in Slough.
The person in this role will lead the reporting of the company's financial statements to senior management and external stake holders. This is a key role needed to drive system automation and standardisation of financial reporting processes. This is a hands-on role with a focus on consolidations, reporting, and analytics. This role is the primary liaison to the IT organisation on all key financial systems initiatives including BPC, BI/BW, and ECC within SAP. This position will work cross functionally with all regional finance teams, FP&A, IT, tax, treasury, and internal audit. The individual will also become a functional expert on finance and accounting modules of Company's ERP system.
The responsibilities of this job include:
- Managing the consolidation processes and reporting built around the quarterly forecasts and month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes, ensuring that the Finance team consistently delivers a high quality and timely reporting product from the financial systems
- Developing, maintaining and generating standard financial and management reports with appropriate controls to ensure data integrity
- Partnering with the finance and accounting teams to develop web reports and dashboards.
- Maintaining internal control, security and data integrity within the financial systems
- Maintaining the Consolidation & Reporting system as well as other finance-related applications and implementing improvements as necessary
- Analysing business implications of finance-systems to current business environment
- Prepare quality monthly consolidated reports for senior management
- Key player in reviewing and ensuring the proper monthly global reporting and accounting close of financial information in accordance with IFRS and GAAP
- Establishing minimum standards for user access and setting up finance security for all new access; reviewing overall security periodically to determine appropriateness and minimise finance risks
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of company policies and procedures related to the use of Company's finance systems and tools
- Continuously identify and develop solutions to drive process efficiency
- Demonstrate and maintain positive customer service focus to both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of both consolidating figures across an international business, as well as a passion for owning and improving IT processes. Experience of consolidation and SAP (ideally BPC) is essential, and should be highlighted within the CV. Candidates should be qualified accountants who have a good track record of progression through their roles, not having moved companies on a very frequent basis.
The salary range if £75-80,000 depending on experience, in addition to a company car allowance of £6,000 and a 10% bonus. There is a very generous pension scheme and flexible benefits in addition.
- senior manager