We have a brand new position for a Global Commissioning Engineer / Field Service Engineer to work for an internationally recognised manufacturer of factory capital equipment / special purpose machinery. This position is home based and will require extensive international travel, 70 - 80%. You will have previous experience in maintenance, support, installation of electro-mechanical machines and you must be comfortable doing PLC / HMI programming (Siemens S7 / Allen Bradley / Ladder / Sigmatek / etc) for retrofits.
Responsibilities of International Field Service Engineer - PLC Programmer - Homebased
As a Global Field Service Engineer you will be part of the support team who are responsible for the following;
* Resolve technical problems and answer customers' queries;
* Train customers in the operation and maintenance of equipment;
* Recommend the purchase of services or spare parts to customers;
* Perform maintenance, prevention and after-sale service when needed.
* Perform Program changes, implement retrofits.
* Provide technical training on equipment use to the customer and its employees;
* Produce various daily activity reports.
Requirements of International Field Commissioning Engineer
* College training in instrumentation and automation or in electromechanics, industrial maintenance or electrodynamics;
* All combination of professional experiences and training would be an asset.
* Good experience in programming ( Siemens S7 / Siemens TIA / SEW frequency drives )
* Experience in programming Sigmatek is a big asset
* Experience with Fanuc Robots, an asset
* Ability to work with electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components, and with PLCs
* Availability to travel
* Team player with flexible attitude
* Driver license Excellent communications skills
Location: Nationwide (home based)
Salary: £40k - £45k + Expenses + Travel Allowance + Bens
- Field Service
- Commissioning Engineer
- electro mechanical
- special purpose machinery
- capital equipment
- PLC Programmer
- Allen bradley
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job