Credit Risk Analyst
My Client has been in the business of changing people’s lives in emerging markets for more than a decade. Having established themselves in 2004 they are now one of the largest non-bank providers of unsecured credit. They provide financial solutions suited to the needs of a broad customer base through embracing technology, product leadership and innovation.As a leader in emerging markets, they offer customers across South Africa, South America and Africa unique and tailored savings, transacting, insurance and credit solutions. They are able to do this by not only focusing on short-term cash flow relief, but by helping customers along the road towards sustainable financial wellness. They are able to achieve this by combining their wealth of experience with their ability to build lasting relationships with their clients, communities and stakeholders based on trust and an understanding of their overall expectations and needs.
With the implementation of a proven information technology platform and a proficient risk and credit assessment competency, they have been able to substantially grow market share whilst maintaining credit quality. Due to this growth I am now looking to recruit a group credit risk analyst to join their busy London office.
The group credit risk analyst is responsible for driving the credit performance for all retail lending portfolios of the business. This unique and fast-paced opportunity would allow exposure to a variety of responsibilities, across multiple countries. This would cover lending portfolio management, credit risk management, scorecard development, segmentation, operational analysis and product development in this fast-developing retail lending business.
- Manage the retail lending portfolio by analysing the performance of existing portfolio to recommend actionable strategies on improving credit performance and operational processes to increase profitability.
- Produce useful insight and information from various sources to track and monitor portfolio performance and build regular tracking against business targets.
- Identify champion/challenger strategies or product tests, propose and execute the strategies to meet Key Business Objectives
- Own development and adoption of expert analytics and latest tools and techniques for portfolio improvement
- Liaise with group and in country functions and managers to achieve sales, credit and operational targets.
- We are looking for candidates with a bachelors or master’s degree in a quantitative, science or business subject, from a top university with a 2:1 or better
- Minimum of two years of work experience in an analytical role, ideally dealing with credit management, data systems and business intelligence tools.
- High level of competence with statistical and analytical tools like SQL, SAS, Data warehouse tools and Excel.
- Data proficiency and ability to manipulate and work with large volumes of loosely structured data and multiple data sources. Able to work independently on complex data management and analyses.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial in managing delivery and execution.
- Willingness to travel up to 6 times a year, depending on business requirement
- Experience in diverse roles in retail banking /financial service industry
- Experience in retail banking/finance in west Africa or emerging/fast growing retail lending sectors
- Experience in fast growing organisation with hands on knowledge of growing retail lending portfolio from scratch
- Detail-oriented individuals with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to recognize non-obvious systems activity patterns and to challenge underlying assumptions
- Good level of communication and effective working relationships. Able to communicate and present to Board Level Executives.
- Seeking and utilising feedback proactively and continually working to improve client satisfaction.
- Independent and self-driven to manage multiple priorities in multiple countries.
Interested? Please click the apply button below with a CV and a brief cover note explaining your motivation for the role.
- Commercial Awareness
- Credit Risk
- Data Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job